By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

alright, when i rebuilt the config for the server i forgot to turn storms off, they are off now but the current storm will last until it runs out of steam.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

You can manually command storms to turn off. /weather sun DURATION IN SECONDS. And since you would have it set to not storm after that, you could do a duration of 1 and it'd work.

But it's no biggie. It only storms if there's someone in the vicinity.

SW-5120-1900-6153

running a test during the day, ill need to know if the server was sluggish, and if its much worse than normal today. test will end either when i wake up, or come back from dinner tonight, but will not run all night.

never mind found an issue with what i was testing so its delayed till next week sometime

whoa!, just watched that video....

holy crap!

WTFFF.

Just had a freaking Creeper spawn literally RIGHT in front of me. We're talking the block directly ahead of me as I was working in my newest castle.

edit: haha! hey walker. =)

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

map update

yes yes its late,

edits are not in it yet, ill make another update when i finish them, sorry for being so tardy much busier than i normally am this time of week, i may end up starting the edited maps next week with a bonus providing i really have next Saturday off

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/maps20110731.zip

Just finished building this.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I just did a little tour of our world, and I'm amazed at how built up it has become since I first logged on so long ago.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Yeah we've gotten a ton of development in the past six months. And I've recently come up with enough designs to completely fill my entire city the rest of the way, which will allow me to continue with the "old town" and suburb regions, which will only lead to the server looking even more fleshed-out.

I also have ideas for two more castles in Castlelands (out of three total that are planned); one will be Asian/Japanese-themed, the other will be more middle-eastern-esque.

Hopefully we get more activity with other people filling the server with fancy decorations as well. I like everybody's little self-projects, but I want to see crazy decorations too!

edit: Just came up with an idea to base the final castle on. It's going to be loosely modeled after Minas Tirith. It will NOT be an actual recreation of Minas Tirith; just a castle heavily inspired BY Minas Tirith. I may need to do some heavy terraforming to make it work, though, because I want to build it FROM sea-level and I want it to be built into a mountainside, just like Minas Tirith.

Very excited to build this one.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Ordered a SSD and a 2TB HDD from Newegg, got 'em yesterday. Rebuilding my entire system over the next couple weeks (going to take a long time because I have to back up everything too).

It's going to be EPIC. Also, I might experiment with hosting a server myself after that. Nothing serious, mostly for experimentation.

SW-5120-1900-6153