By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

theRepublic said:
So, I saw this thread in the Hot Topics for the first time in months. I read through about 100 posts I had missed. Then I realized I have not played or even updated in months. So I opened the launcher and updated. Then it had to take me to a separate website to update to 1.6.

I finished all the updates, and went to my saves. My newest save was started on version 1.2! Hasn't been played since March of this year either. Damn, I've been gone awhile.

It happens, play constantly for a bit, then for  a while off to another game. and 4 months later back to minecraft. I try to pay a bit more attention keeping the server up and all, but 1.6.4 caught me off guard. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

holy crap 1.7 is going to be so much more than when i first read about it,

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

think a new world on nibiru just for it.

World type
AMPLIFIED
Mountains in this world type can reach up to Y: 256
Extremely resource intensive and requires powerful computer to run
Ravines here can reach down to bedrock.

*i think i could move our host from the i3 running right now to an i5 if needed

also

Roofed Forest
Has dark grass and giant mushrooms with 2 by 2 spruce trees
Has extremely dense trees and leaves; dark and dangerous under the canopy even during the day
Monsters will most likely be able to spawn during the day and the night
Monsters that spawned at night can survive during the day
This is the first biome aside from the Mushroom Island that naturally spawns with giant mushrooms

i want to build a base in that
also

That sounds awesome.

It'd be interesting to have some kind of survival adventure inside of the roofed forest.

So I started with one dark brown horse (white legs) and one brown (with patches).

Color combinations I have now (20 horses total at the moment):
-Dark brown (white legs)
-Black (white legs)
-Black (patches)
-Brown (white legs)
-Brown (patches)
-Gray (white legs)
-Gray (patches)

I don't yet have any solid-colors, shaggy, or spotted ones, nor do I have any dark gray, tan, or cream colors yet. I'm currently working on getting more colors, then I'm going to work on getting more patterns. Right now I'm trying to breed gray with black to get dark gray, but I keep just getting gray or black.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Yay! I just got my first tan horse! Oddly, by breeding gray with black. I don't think the colors of the parents actually affects what NEW colors are produced whatsoever.

If anybody wants new color horses from the stock I have, you can trade me THREE golden carrots for them (I'm going to be putting a chest in soon where you can put payments), OR you can bring two golden carrots of your own and breed mine together. You're free to breed any two of mine together that you want, but (1) you must ensure they're tame beforehand - not all of mine are - and (2) you must put them back where you found them. And I can't guarantee you'll get what you want this way, so I highly recommend just giving me the three golden carrots.

I have TONS of spare gray (white-ish), black, and patchy brown ones. Other colors aren't as plentiful right now, but I'm working on it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

From my experiments with breeding, I've concluded that you're much more likely to breed out a new color than you are a new pattern. The two horses I got from Hans, I've ONLY been able to breed those same two patterns, but I've gotten three new colors out of them now.

Will continue breeding and experimenting more.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
From my experiments with breeding, I've concluded that you're much more likely to breed out a new color than you are a new pattern. The two horses I got from Hans, I've ONLY been able to breed those same two patterns, but I've gotten three new colors out of them now.

Will continue breeding and experimenting more.

that would match what i have read about breeding. the loss of the spotted horse on the way back to my place hurt diversity quite a bit.  thought i have not been breeding much recently. most of my time has been spent mining building back up supplies 

This is what I've got right now. Each of those buildings also has two horses inside, and there are a few wandering behind the buildings too. All-in-all, I've got at least fifty horses here.

Still none of any other patterns. Still five of the seven colors. No dark brown nor creamy yet.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Here's another angle that shows the crowd a little better.

Please buy my horses. ;_;

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm going to Afghanistan, likely won't be back until next summer. If you close down either of the servers/any of the maps, Hans, save a copy of the world first so I can get it from you when I get back.

SW-5120-1900-6153