By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

thetonestarr said:
I'm going to Afghanistan, likely won't be back until next summer. If you close down either of the servers/any of the maps, Hans, save a copy of the world first so I can get it from you when I get back.

stay safe, and barring relocation i dont plan on shutting down, even then i will bring it back up as soon as i can. even with no traffic i still enjoy playing 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Be careful.

moved nibiru to a bukkit dev build, as got tired of waiting for a beta build of 1.6.4

So I am off by a few days (shared minecraft server nibiru since 2013-10-13) but, WOOT!! 3 years and still going

original computer host was a powermac g5 dual 2ghz with 6 gig ram. after 10 months moved to my new tower an i7-2600k with 16gig of ram. then 7 months later to a dedicated computer with a i3-2120 with 16gig ram then raised to 32 gig of ram.. the next fall had a fan header go our, replacment mobo fried the cpu while waiting on an rma for the cpu and new mobo, moved to an i3-3240 (old i3 moved to freenas project), this fall swapped ram in tower (32 gigs had been a bit buggy) with faster lower voltage ram (this and the cpu change paid during the last power outage got an extra 25 min out of the ups. all other towers on home network had shut down) .

future plans, move from 256 gig ssd we are wearing out to a 512 gig (is in my laptop, will replace my laptop with a 1tb ssd)

make all prior saves accessible to download off FTP about 4TB of saves

merge water world and nibiru, but keep waterworld no spwan/warp/give area

zarx said:

Some new info on the Halloween update

Minecraft creator Notch just put up a shot of the forthcoming Halloween Update on his blog, showing the new Hell environment. It’s an alternate dimension you can switch to for fast travel: a few steps in this world translate to a few miles in the other when you switch back. The shot he put up is pretty dark, so here’s a brighter version that shows the huge, cavernous shape of this new area better. 

There’s some kind of sand-coloured substance – possibly sand – in the upper left corner. Notch says he’s adding at least five new material types in the update, one of which is presumably the reddish igneous rock here, and the yellow stuff may be something more valuable. If it were sand, after all, it ought to be falling from there.

Yea I rmember when they added the nether to minecraft^^

Just loved it :)

Now Im more into building with all the newly added materials.

Around the Network

I have gone ahead and moved waterworld to 1.7.2 expect some jarring changes on new map.

nibiru just moved to a recommended build of 1.6.4 last night, now we have to wait for a beta build of 1.7.2 on bukkit for the next move i expect it to be a few weeks

edit 2 sadly it seems 1.7.x has killed the seed for water world being waterworld. it starts you out on land now. however the amplified version of seed 900381526 (aka waterworld) is pretty damn bad ass and i would recommend trying that game type, it might be a new server world … going to see if i can get an amplified world to work right as a server

edit on a side note minecraft now alerts me to the fact my ancient  laptop and its gnu my not be up to snuff. poor old core duo and ati x1600

thetonestarr said:
I'm going to Afghanistan, likely won't be back until next summer. If you close down either of the servers/any of the maps, Hans, save a copy of the world first so I can get it from you when I get back.

Take care and watch out for creepers!

So 1.7 is finally out. I don't know if I'm ready for it yet, there's so much new stuff! Stained glass is a welcome addition and I love the new flowers. There's a lot of uncharted lands close to my base (in waterworld) so hopefully I won't have to travel far to see some new biomes.

Minecraft 1.7.2 - The update that f'ed the world.

Why do ugly chunk borders still exist!? Seriously Mojang... :/

forest-spirit said:

I will put it up to a vote if you like. I saved the morning before the update and can role the world back to pre 1.7.x  im not really happy  with the changes either. I have thought about doing a force render on  the world out to 10000x10000   in 1.6.4 but that would leave us close to hosed for new items and things 

I vote for the roll back

goddog said:
forest-spirit said:

I will put it up to a vote if you like. I saved the morning before the update and can role the world back to pre 1.7.x  im not really happy  with the changes either. I have thought about doing a force render on  the world out to 10000x10000   in 1.6.4 but that would leave us close to hosed for new items and things 

I vote for the roll back

I'm voting for a roll back too. I can't believe this issue still exists...