By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Malstrom thread 2: Revenge of the Lapsed Gamer

Edit: Double post, damn connection is on the blink.

Around the Network

I have to agree on Malstrom with this one. I appreciate Microsoft trying to bring something new to the table, but I wonder whether they were actually thinking of games when they were developing Kinect, or did it just sound like a cool idea when it was brought up one time in a board meeting?

When I first saw it I thought wow cool, but as the months past I was wondering where are the games? How are they gonna make an action game with this? how are they gonna create an fps game?. I think it is a pretty cool piece of KIt but I can not really see where the potential (when it comes games) for this. I can see its potentials in other things but not really gaming. This will be where Microsoft will have prove Kinects gaming possibilities with actual games! I keep my fingers crossed because I am open to trying gaming in new ways.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

The Killer-app-addon-Myth is one of the best Malstrom articles I have ever read.

I looked up sales of all the kinect games, except the few high profile ones, and the sales are bad for them.

Just look up the sales for all the Kinect games that aren't Dance central or the other marketed first party games. Their sales are kind of abysmal.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Oh, and How about we make a Malstrom thread 3 where we just link to the articles? Posting them on here just breaks the thread.

I LOVE ICELAND!

^^ Not quoting you because the quote alert will never go away

I thought the original gripe was that some people didn't want to give his site hits, so we agreed to embed them, though i don't see how it's an issue

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

but, how about making a third thread without embeding and just copying the text?

I LOVE ICELAND!

His famous last words...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/email-could-you-please-respond-to-this-message-post/

OK, surely I was neither precise nor competent and surely I ennded up predicting some true things for the wrong reasons, but at least my sorry figure was totally worth it, as I triggered him to deliver us some more of his unbiased wisdom, accuracy and competence...

NOT!!!

No, really, after spouting for so long how good he was and how clueless sceptics about disruption were, he should have predicted far better.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!