By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Malstrom thread 2: Revenge of the Lapsed Gamer

Why do the Malstrom threads always read as having new posts?!?!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

HTML foul-ups early in the thread resulted in posts that can't be seen and never count as being read. This happened early as a result of people trying to copy and paste entire articles.

It is... a trial, waiting for the Malstrom thread to drop off your recent topic list.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

HTML foul-ups early in the thread resulted in posts that can't be seen and never count as being read. This happened early as a result of people trying to copy and paste entire articles.

It is... a trial, waiting for the Malstrom thread to drop off your recent topic list.

Funny how you hate the guy, yet you say about Other M pretty much how he predicted fans would react.

You don't have to like him, but he's not pulling his stuff out of nowhere.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

Funny how you hate the guy, yet you say about Other M pretty much how he predicted fans would react.

1. Don't hate the guy.

2. What in the living Hell does this have to do with my post?

Didnt he say he didnt play Metroid Other M and had no plans too? Sorry, I cant take his opinion of a game he didnt play. Not that it much matters because other than the story it was a great game.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

1. Don't hate the guy.

2. What in the living Hell does this have to do with my post?

1. Okay then.

2. I was feeling snarky when I wrote that. Feel free to ignore it.

Games4Fun said:

Didnt he say he didnt play Metroid Other M and had no plans too? Sorry, I cant take his opinion of a game he didnt play. Not that it much matters because other than the story it was a great game.

Well if you look at it from the angle of people who didn't buy it, those people can't play the game either. But they did choose not to buy it, so you still have to look at the reasons why, and that's what he was coming from.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Email: Neogaf is censoring you

Email: Reggie can’t figure out why Metroid: Other M isn’t selling

Email: Sonic 4

Music #73 - Double Dragon 2

The Music of Super Mario Brothers 3

And Yet It Sells…

Music #74 - Gunstar Heroes

Email: Sonic 4 (and other Sonics) from an old gamer perspective

Email: Minecraft’s business model

Nintendo’s Innovation Gap: When a Disrupter Becomes the Disrupted

Kinect and Move not getting new customers?

Email: Why Nintendo got so kiddy

Nintendo used to let me choose the controller

Email: Question about Mario 3

This batch i find more agreeable

Though he asked if Knuckles was essential.

Never question Knuckles.

Ever.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Malstrom just posted an email from someone on a ranty whinefest against Donkey Kong Country Returns - whoever wrote it sounds as if they're crying because a lava level was too hard for them :D Then they proceed to construct a conspiracy theory as to why the game is "garbage" because it's Yet Another Industry Game, Just Like Mario Galaxy. 

For his part, Malstrom first says he can't comment since he hasn't played it, the goes on to comment since he hasn't played it ;) Complains about the controls, natch (even though he hasn't played it), because that's the easy bitch everyone who can't figure out how to flick a wiimote is bitchin' at.

I think the quickest way to get an email posted on Malstrom's blog is to rant about a new industry conspiracy or why New Release X is an Example of Hardcore Gamer Evil, whether or not what you say makes any sense. Malstrom will find a way to agree with it.

Squeakthedragon said:

Malstrom just posted an email from someone on a ranty whinefest against Donkey Kong Country Returns - whoever wrote it sounds as if they're crying because a lava level was too hard for them :D Then they proceed to construct a conspiracy theory as to why the game is "garbage" because it's Yet Another Industry Game, Just Like Mario Galaxy. 

For his part, Malstrom first says he can't comment since he hasn't played it, the goes on to comment since he hasn't played it ;) Complains about the controls, natch (even though he hasn't played it), because that's the easy bitch everyone who can't figure out how to flick a wiimote is bitchin' at.

I think the quickest way to get an email posted on Malstrom's blog is to rant about a new industry conspiracy or why New Release X is an Example of Hardcore Gamer Evil, whether or not what you say makes any sense. Malstrom will find a way to agree with it.

Funny enough as I posted in another thread what he says bad about the game is also in the games he said it doesnt pale in comparsion too. Really its the typical troll post.  While the guy might not actually like the game at all. The points he made are easily picked apart and is left with nothing. So really if he doesnt like the game he doesnt really know why himself.

I havent read much of malstorm lately so I did some catch up and i started to realize that he does have some good points on things but lately he too has become pretty much the same thing. You can pick apart many of his post as he does the people the email him that he doesnt see eye to eye with and make him look like a fool too. Not everyone buys a game because _____ not everyone passes on a game because of _____ some people simply just did not want it, or it simply was not their type of game. It doesnt always have to do with some "Game God" or the industry. Truth be told I had no clue who the makers of Metroid where other than Nintendo until Metroid Other M. If i sent a email saying what I enjoyed about it I would suddenly be "Hardcore" and worship games gods. Im sure the same go for some of the other fans of games he deems this way.