By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Malstrom thread 2: Revenge of the Lapsed Gamer

Email: Hey! I finally tried out Kinect!

Email: Metroid OM sales versus Just Dance 2

Email: I’m buying Donkey Kong Country Returns

Music #69 - E.V.O.

Email: Minecraft lesson

A Note From An Adventurer

Email: That emailer is wrong on Other M sales

Email: Minecraft sales

Music #70 - Ultima VIII: Pagan

Email: Kirby’s Epic Yarn

The End of the Schumpeter Prophecy

Music #71 - R-Type

Please stop emailing me about the 3DS and 2d Mario

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

Email: Hey! I finally tried out Kinect!

[...]

LOL, this one could give MS astroturfers a seizure!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/oct-29-2010-nintendo-corporate-briefing/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/email-on-great-disruption-and-economy/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/email-pachter-continues-his-role-as-jester/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/music-72/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/email-i-cant-see-stereoscopic-3d/

I love how now the 3DS maybe the wrong move for Nintendo. When they first presented it, and in his words being a FU move to Sony. It was the best thing they could have done. Now hes says it's going to fail, and maybe will be a huge mistake on Nintendo's part. 

Also he never responds to a email if it challenge his opinion. Unless it sounds like it was written by retard.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

I'm finding him progressively more disagreeable as time goes on

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I would have thought Other M would be the height of it

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

I would have thought Other M would be the height of it

He's slowly getting off the Other M hate train, but the mentality behind his hate for Other M seems to grow, and the creeping libertarianism is also something i find very objectionable (which i knew he had as well, but generally he kept politics out of it in his heyday)

He seems to ignore the fact that Epic Yarn was not conceived of as a Kirby game originally, but they figured if they could net a hundred thousand extra sales from slapping the Kirby name on there, why not (which i might have issues with). Equally he now seems to abhor the very idea that games could possibly dare to be something other than hardware movers. If the game's still profitable and other hardware movers are still present, what's the difference?

Just like his rejection of 2D Mario on 3DS because Nintendo in all their pig-headed arrogance are still daring to make the dreaded 3D Mario, the trashy, waste-of-resources vanity projects to feed their massive, GameCube loving egos, completely negating the significance of 2D Mario's existence, but oh wait, no-one is going to want 2D Mario or any accessible game on the 3DS anyway because the d-pad's not in the right spot

(wipes sweat off forehead), phew. Got that out of my system

So, yeah.

Cupcakes! Who wants some? Hot and fresh out of the oven!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wait, you mean the people here who go around saying all projects need to aim to move hardware are spouting his bullshit?

"He seems to ignore the fact that Epic Yarn was not conceived of as a Kirby game originally, but they figured if they could net a hundred thousand extra sales from slapping the Kirby name on there, why not (which i might have issues with). Equally he now seems to abhor the very idea that games could possibly dare to be something other than hardware movers. If the game's still profitable and other hardware movers are still present, what's the difference?"

1. He probably doesn't know it was something else. If he did, he would count that as another point against the game, since he says you can't just shoehorn an IP around another game an expect that alone to make the game work.

2. There aren't enough hardware movers present, and the non hardware sellers are being presented as hardware sellers. That is the problem. The situation you are naming needs to be a reality first.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

TheWon said:

I love how now the 3DS maybe the wrong move for Nintendo. When they first presented it, and in his words being a FU move to Sony. It was the best thing they could have done. Now hes says it's going to fail, and maybe will be a huge mistake on Nintendo's part. 

I noticed that too.  It's especially odd since the lineup hasn't changed much since E3.