By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

1 Million+ by end of year 58 47.54%

Less than a Million 54 44.26%

Who cares, it will be GOTY 9 7.38%

Total:121

Should one get the PS3 version or the X360 version?

I agree 2 million is and 2.5 million maximum.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Slimebeast said:

Personally, if you have the choice, you should always buy the lead platform version, since it can only be as good or better than the port.

That would be PS3 in this case?

Its on 2 consoles and it looks good (i played the PS3 Demo), i don't see how this will sell less than 1 million.

Bristow9091 said:
Slimebeast said:
Bristow9091 said:
Slimebeast said:

Personally, if you have the choice, you should always buy the lead platform version, since it can only be as good or better than the port.

That would be PS3 in this case?

Yeah I should've mentioned, PS3 is the lead platform, so it's safe to say it'll be top notch and not some terrible port like a certain other hack and slash game... =]

Wasn't DMC4 and Dead Space also developed with PS3 as lead? Since both those games are equal on both, or actually the 360 has faster load times.

it will sell a million combined multiplatform(360 plus ps3) before years end. 3 million lifetime combined. fairly even between ps3 and 360.

Around the Network

I have a feeling it's going to be the Batman: Arkham Asylum of this year. The PS3 buyers will pull the title over one million and I'm sure that the 360 buyers will at least have it reach 800 thousand by the end of the year. I'm hoping it gets more.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

This game smells flop. Castlevania in terms of sales is no longer a noticiable franchise so in fact it's like a new IP for most of the HD non portable owners. Unlike Bayonetta it won't have Japan to make up its sales. If I had to make a prediction I would say around 1.1m - 1.3m worldwide between the two platforms and future huge discounting prices.

In any case I hope it does well since this game is developed by an Spanish company.

Bruno Muñoz said:

This game smells flop. Castlevania in terms of sales is no longer a noticiable franchise so in fact it's like a new IP for most of the HD non portable owners. Unlike Bayonetta it won't have Japan to make up its sales. If I had to make a prediction I would say around 1.1m - 1.3m worldwide between the two platforms and future huge discounting prices.

In any case I hope it does well since this game is developed by an Spanish company.

Bayonetta was completely ''japanese'' in it's atmosphere, i mean come on it had a weird looking female character with a weird haircut and dressup as a main character, performing attacks with her hair and kissess all over the screen. You really expected that to do well in the West?

Both the PS3 and X360 version of Castlevania will outsells both Bayonetta versions combined if you ask me.

demo is out(EU PSN,not PSN plus)

it's being released in the most crowded month of the season with other, BIGGER games titles that are guaranteed to eclipse Lords of Shadow. If it hits 1 mil it'll barely hit it.