By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

1 Million+ by end of year 58 47.54%

Less than a Million 54 44.26%

Who cares, it will be GOTY 9 7.38%

Total:121

near one million for ps3 by the end of the year, 600k for 360.

Around the Network

I really hope it bombs. I don't want another God of War - esque Castlevania. Stick to 2D plz, Konami.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Who cares what the n00bs buy, lol, this will be GotY I hope!

GOTY?

no way is this going to get it.

even GOW3 isn't going to get it let alone another hack and slash game

Game of the Year? 

Really?

It's beautiful but so far it's looking like nothing more than a standard game.  In a year where we have Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Starcraft 2, Red Dead Redemption, God of War 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Epic Mickey, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting, there is no chance what-so-ever a run of the mill game will get any GotY awards.

twesterm said:

Game of the Year? 

Really?

It's beautiful but so far it's looking like nothing more than a standard game.  In a year where we have Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Starcraft 2, Red Dead Redemption, God of War 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Epic Mickey, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting, there is no chance what-so-ever a run of the mill game will get any GotY awards.

Are you serious, or trying to make some kind of insider point? Someone as smart as you are, I don't believe, could make a post as unjustifiably igorant as that even on your worst day, so what's the deal? Did the developer snub you at E3 or what?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Who cares what the n00bs buy, lol, this will be GotY I hope!

GOTY?

no way is this going to get it.

even GOW3 isn't going to get it let alone another hack and slash game

God of War III was meh, and I don't think it's nearly as good as Bayonetta. :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

twesterm said:

Game of the Year? 

Really?

Heck, in its launch month alone it has to tango with Fallout, Fable 3, Rock Band 3, Kirby, NBA Jam, and Vanquish. Things ain't looking so hot,

ZenfoldorVGI said:
twesterm said:

Game of the Year? 

Really?

Are you serious, or trying to make some kind of insider point? Someone as smart as you are, I don't believe, could make a post as unjustifiably igorant as that even on your worst day, so what's the deal? Did the developer snub you at E3 or what?

I haven't played the game but everything I've seen of it says that beyond how it looks and the voice acting, it's run of the mill.

I haven't heard it's bad and I doubt it is, in fact, I assume it's good, it's just from all the huge games that have released and have yet to be released this year I don't see how a game like this could ever win any game of the year.

I thought based on previews alone and production values this would do quite better then it has fared in reviews. Gametrailers and Gamespot both gave it below a 8.

Anyways I predict about 300k copies WW for the year - with some legs running into next year with a price drop and what not.

It's just that simple.

meh  i doubt this will sell well