By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

How much will Castlevania: Lords of GOTY Sell?

1 Million+ by end of year 58 47.54%

Less than a Million 54 44.26%

Who cares, it will be GOTY 9 7.38%

Total:121
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Who cares what the n00bs buy, lol, this will be GotY I hope!

No! GOTY will be Gran Turismo 5.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

I doubt Goth of War can pass a million.  I do really hope it gets the sort of sales it deserves, then maybe I can get some Igavania on 3DS...

its not a effing rip off, Castlevania has a storyline

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

how many pre orders does the game have?? i expect a very small week but good sales. if it has very good revies and big word an mouth or if it does the borderlands effect it could do plus 1 million one both consoles by years end.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

don't worry i'll remove it.

---

paulrage2 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

For which year? Honestly, I've been waiting so long for that game to come out, I really don't care anymore. How innovative and new can a driving game get anyway? Break, gas, left and right. No graphics based game will ever be my GotY, and if you're a driving game you have to do something really special to win that title(like the Burnout series did on PS2). I haven't seen a significant goty contender in that genre since a-spec.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Lord_Yggdrassil said:

WE all know this will be the best game of all time and it's only fitting that this game gets the sales it deserves. Now with barely any marketing this won't be a huge seller initially, but i think when people find out about this beast of a game the legs will grow stronger and stronger. Easily the best selling CV of all time. Easily.

It won't be the best game of all time. To me the series died when it went to 3D. I hope this game changes the trend,but we'll just have to see.

It should outsell Baynoetta quite easily. How much Baynioetta sold?

Slimebeast said:

It should outsell Baynoetta quite easily. How much Baynioetta sold?

Yeah, but Bayonetta had a few things going against it.

It was a new IP. It had a terrible PS3 port which made many PS3 fans(who never actually played the game) very angry with its existance, and proclaim through insincere word of mouth the the game was shit.

However, it did have one pretty significant thing going for it. It has the most perfectly balanced and intricate fighting system yet to appear in a videogame, and it is a work of pure genius.

Kinda like Okami, really. In all actuality it is probably the best version of Zelda yet released, but it just couldn't find an audience for some unknown goddamn reason.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

paulrage2 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

a racing sim GOTY? never. MArio Galaxy 2, ME3, RDR will win over GT5 regardless of how good it is.

---

Seems to me like it's the Batman: Arkham Asylum of this year. It surely won't have the same sales because the Batman brand is much more strong than the Castlevania one, but it should at least reach 2-2.5 million across both platforms.