By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

binary solo said:
Seece said:
Makaha said:

well, there is a factor in the 360 reaching 50 million--

if Nintendo does cut the price on the Wii, it will KILL Kinect sales

so a Wii price cut would do two things: increase Wii hardware sales, AND destroy Kinect sales

I'm not saying that Nintendo will cut the price of the Wii.

I'm saying that if Nintendo did cut the price of the Wii, parents would see a $ 150 Wii versus a $ 300 KInect bundle.  Which one do you think they will buy?

Especially in this economy.

It would absolutely kill Kinect.

Personally, I think Nintendo would be dumb not to cut the price, and soon.

I honestly think if Nintendo cut the Wii price, MS will monitor first 3 weeks of sale and if it's not as they'd hope, they'll cut for black friday.

In which case Sony will have little choice but to do the same. Though it means sacrificing profitability, Sony still need to balance profits and market share due to how this generation started for them and how it's played out up to now.

so you think if the Wii dropped in price, both Sony and MS would follow?

all I know for sure is that if Nintendo drops the price of the Wii before Kinect launces, Kinect is DEAD!

end of story

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

By the way,

On its way to 50m the 360 will also pass two other milestones:

1. It will have doubled the sales of the original XBOX. (incidentally the 360 has already sold more in the US alone than the XBOX did globally in its lifetime)

2. It will pass the lifetime sales of the SNES.

Yes, quite impressive.

And nice thread, if I didn't tell it before.

BTW, the only small obstacle that could lower a little bit Xmas sales could be the fact that both reliable Slim version and Halo: Reach could have pushed forward some Xmas sales of people that just couldn't wait anymore. Nevertheless, despite pushing forward some already almost sure Xmas sales, Slim, Reach and Kinect, together with all the other next holidays releases and offers, should add a lot more, and in your thread about that I predicted for XB360 higher Xmas sales than last year.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I would say it has a very good chance.

Tease.

This chart is fun.

Above: still the best game of the year.

under about 20k in the sales weekly (need 197,020 - reach 179,491) but up about 126k in the cumulative sales (43,711,042)!!!!

Around the Network

Aww, under? But we're like 5 weeks away from Kinect!

Tease.

Squilliam said:

3 weeks 5 days!

Seece said:
Squilliam said:

3 weeks 5 days!

Oh yeah I meant that!

Tease.

This is a most excellent idea for a thread!

I will be sure to check every week for updates.

It should manage to make it, if November sales will be good enough.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!