By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

Seece said:
Makaha said:

well, there is a factor in the 360 reaching 50 million--

if Nintendo does cut the price on the Wii, it will KILL Kinect sales

so a Wii price cut would do two things: increase Wii hardware sales, AND destroy Kinect sales

I'm not saying that Nintendo will cut the price of the Wii.

I'm saying that if Nintendo did cut the price of the Wii, parents would see a $ 150 Wii versus a $ 300 KInect bundle.  Which one do you think they will buy?

Especially in this economy.

It would absolutely kill Kinect.

Personally, I think Nintendo would be dumb not to cut the price, and soon.

I honestly think if Nintendo cut the Wii price, MS will monitor first 3 weeks of sale and if it's not as they'd hope, they'll cut for black friday.

I don't know about that....

That would make Microsoft look really bad....

Here they are, marketing and releasing a brand new product--Kinect--at a price they'll already state in commercials (in the next month or so).  And then a few weeks after Kinect releases, in response to the Wii price cut and poor Kinect sales, MS will say in commercials "we are dropping the price of Kinect!!"

That would look really bad ,

to me anyway

Around the Network
Makaha said:
Seece said:
Makaha said:

so a Wii price cut would do two things: increase Wii hardware sales, AND destroy Kinect sales

I'm saying that if Nintendo did cut the price of the Wii, parents would see a $ 150 Wii versus a $ 300 KInect bundle.  Which one do you think they will buy?

I honestly think if Nintendo cut the Wii price, MS will monitor first 3 weeks of sale and if it's not as they'd hope, they'll cut for black friday.

I don't know about that....

That would make Microsoft look really bad....

Here they are, marketing and releasing a brand new product--Kinect--at a price they'll already state in commercials (in the next month or so).  And now, after the Wii cuts the price, MS will say in commercials "we are dropping the price!!"

That would look really bad ,

to me anyway

Well I know what you mean, it will look like a failed product, legally though they won't be allowed to even call it a price cut after 3 weeks (at least in this country, product needs to have had the previous price for at least 3 months, IIRC) so I imagine the majority of people Kinect is actually aimed at will think no less than "oh that's nice, the price has gone down!", the people that bought it in the first 3 weeks would get a rebate/refund on their money more than likely. Anyway I was actually talking about the 360 getting a price cut not Kinect. Of which they havn't cut the arcade price in 2 years now.

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Nintendogamer said:

Could it even top 55M or 60M?

ergh no and I hope no-one gets "disappointed" if it doesn't top 55 or 60 Million

Topping 50 Million is gonna be a huge achievement in itself, unprecedented for a 2nd place console and a major milestone. And with all that it has its strongest year to date in its 5th year!

Just ignore him.

OT: This'll be exciting to track given it's going to be such a close race. I figure BF and Xmas week are going to be up significantly on 2009.

Ignore logic.  It's gonna reach 60 mil for sure by years end!

kowenicki said:

Any chance of a sticky???

For the effort that has gone into this, it certainly deserves one.

Cheers, kowen.

Makaha said:

Kinect could threaten at most Balance Board, but only if it were cheaper, so Nintendo could just need to cut Balance Board price and also bundle it for a total lower than $250 to maybe not kill Kinect, as it still has some unique features, despite being very expensive, but at least slow it and avoid sales damages from it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I think it's on track to beat 50 million, I'm going to say it will achieve by years end, 50,146,471 I think this will be kinect effect.

Random as it is thats why it will work. 

Nice thread, easy to read and fun to track until christmas or new year. I will be on every week until then.

Did about 21,000 more than needed this week.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:

BUMP, Updated...

Now 142k ahead, almost a weeks sales.

It will likely now start falling behind for a few weeks and then its all down to Kinect..

I'm still confident.

142,000 is a good cushion to fall back onto. I think this is going to happen, I just don't see kinect not selling a good amount of systems. Any time I tell older somewhat out of shape people about hands free gaming and Ubisofts shape fitness evolved game, they ask how much and seem excited. Parents love kinectanimals, My girl is buggin me about it, I think they hit gold. Maybe not with hardcore yet but I'm sure this is going to sell through the roof.

I don't know about Europe but I think america is going to be sold just off no hands gaming.

Again awsome thread you got going here. Also I liked that you posted the link right in WW sales.

Will be down in October but i expect Kinect and Black Ops to freaking push the 360 to 50M! GO!

Bravo for one fine thread, I will be amongst the many following for the rest of the year. Surprised at how clean it has been so far too, thanks to the calm way in which the mature posters have not bitten the bait of course. I'd like to suggest that we all continue in the same manner.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.