By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@seece and Kowenicki

Are either of you planning on doing a Xbox 360 VS Wii 2010 Holiday Gap Sales thread?.......would be cool to have a thread tracking the gap between them this holiday Since many expect the 2 to be close this holiday

Physic! I'm doing one right now! lol not 360 vs Wii though, just a general YOY tracker for all consoles so it's a good reference.

Edit - not that I expect 360 to beat Wii in holiday months ...

lol cool, it'll be a good source

@bolded

even though sales now point to it happening, its too good to be true.....so I agree.

But just for reference if Wii does what it did in holidays 2007 this holidays and 360 does what it did in holidays 2008 this year (maybe even higher due to kinect) would 360 be ahead of Wii for the holidays?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@seece and Kowenicki

Are either of you planning on doing a Xbox 360 VS Wii 2010 Holiday Gap Sales thread?.......would be cool to have a thread tracking the gap between them this holiday Since many expect the 2 to be close this holiday

Physic! I'm doing one right now! lol not 360 vs Wii though, just a general YOY tracker for all consoles so it's a good reference.

@bolded

even though sales now point to it happening, its too good to be true.....so I agree.

But just for reference if Wii does what it did in holidays 2007 this holidays and 360 does what it did in holidays 2008 this year (maybe even higher due to kinect) would 360 be ahead of Wii for the holidays?

You'll have to ask kowen, he's the expert on Wii 2007 sales

Edit - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116786

I'll keep an eye on this. Will be interesting to see what'll happen in the coming weeks.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@seece and Kowenicki

@bolded

not quite

ok thanks.

hmmm I guess Wii DOES become mega powerful in the holidays....nothing anyone can do really.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@seece and Kowenicki

@bolded

not quite

ok thanks.

hmmm I guess Wii DOES become mega powerful in the holidays....nothing anyone can do really.

Don't wanna sound like a broken record, and Wii will do well but .. 2007 and 2008 Wii was in high demand, in 2009 without the price cut and NSMB combo boost, who knows how sales would have gone?

Around the Network

Great thread. This will be so exciting.

A sticky would be nice, but I bookmarked it too.

Looking at the week by week needs, it looks like it'll be tough.  I think October will be the month that struggles if any.  Once Kinect comes out, the marketing picks up and the holiday boost start to kick in, things are going to get very interesting.

Good thread.  And like others stated, ignore the trolls and they will starve to death.

Well made thread, hope for you it does.

Most exciting thread I've ever seen.  

i know it's early, but maybe you can start another thread that tracks Xbox 360 to reach 30% in sales.

Coca-Cola said:

Most exciting thread I've ever seen.  

i know it's early, but maybe you can start another thread that tracks Xbox 360 to reach 30% in sales.

Hmm, you think 30% is doable? that'll be quite the climb, even though it's looking likely 360 will have more than 30% marketshare over xmas ..

Edit - Wii had about 52% marketshare last xmas over Q4 Oct - Dec. It'll be down this year what with the HD being powerhouses right now and Wii not having NSMB and Price cut combo.

roughly 40% Wii, 35% 360, 25% PS3?

Edit - Actually even if this situation happened it's not gonna do it.

360 - 50 million (plus 7 mill) - 28.41%
Wii - 82 million (plus 8 mill) - 46.59%
PS3 - 44 million ( plus 6 mill) - 25.00%

The outcome is in bold, I think 30% is now unattainable.