By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

I think probably back to about dead even come the end of October, then we'll see what Kinect does. If Kinect pushes the 360 beyond 300K for the week then 50 million is looking like it's on.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Great thread indeed

kowenicki said:

By the way,

On its way to 50m the 360 will also pass two other milestones:

1. It will have doubled the sales of the original XBOX. (incidentally the 360 has already sold more in the US alone than the XBOX did globally in its lifetime)

2. It will pass the lifetime sales of the SNES.

360 > Xbox was given. Doubling it, great stuff. :D

But 360 > Snes is just awesome. I am so happy to see that.

Will still have 100k plus to fall back on come Kinect launch, and I see it being bigger than 400k that week easily.

360 is a great console, Im glade its successful

Around the Network

why is this compared to 2008 and not 2009?

Lat christmas the highest it got to was around 600k, here you have data compared to 900k.

Why is that?

bannedagain said:
kowenicki said:

BUMP, Updated...

Now 142k ahead, almost a weeks sales.

It will likely now start falling behind for a few weeks and then its all down to Kinect..

I'm still confident.

142,000 is a good cushion to fall back onto. I think this is going to happen, I just don't see kinect not selling a good amount of systems. Any time I tell older somewhat out of shape people about hands free gaming and Ubisofts shape fitness evolved game, they ask how much and seem excited. Parents love kinectanimals, My girl is buggin me about it, I think they hit gold. Maybe not with hardcore yet but I'm sure this is going to sell through the roof.

I don't know about Europe but I think america is going to be sold just off no hands gaming.

Again awsome thread you got going here. Also I liked that you posted the link right in WW sales.

My aunt wants kinect for yourshape, she is 70. Kinect is gonna be huge.

for comparison sake:

the next months during 2009 were

I think it is possible, but it will really depend how many consoles kinect pushes.

theprof00 said:

why is this compared to 2008 and not 2009?

Lat christmas the highest it got to was around 600k, here you have data compared to 900k.

Why is that?

2008 was its best year, and it needs to beat it by a little over 8%. thats whay they are using it.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog