By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Vegas soon. I don't know why I left the homestead...

Kantor said:

I just bought Fallout 3, and I'm a complete moron for waiting two years to do so.

Not only by far my favourite RPG this gen, but one of my favourite games as well.

See, I've been telling everyone that since launch day, lol. We get a lot of "this is my favorite game ever" overhype around here, so I forgive you for not believing me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Played Fallout 3 on pc. Was fun, something fresh, but the trailer looks like a carbon copy of Fallout 3, so a no go for me until bargain bin. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Severance said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I preordered the game from Amazon. I took 500 hours to beat F3 so I estimate that it will take me like 700 hours to beat FNV. I still don't know if I should play Hardcore mode since the beginning.

Can you explain what hardcore mode is?

Your character will need water from time to time to prevent death, I think he/she will need to eat as well. Ammo and currency will have weight. You will also have increased difficulty I presume. Finishing the game in such difficulty will unlock a trophy/achievement.

wha??!? , okay now i am getting this game , sounds like fun, and the thing that F3 lacked is the sense of achievement, you know once you get a decent gun you became undestructible.

hmm, I don't think you would be that undestructible even using the Xualong before a Deathclaw. :P But I guess that it is true that F3 is not that hard really, especially if you only focus in the main quest. But if you do some exploring you may eventually find some challenges here and there. For example, I tried to go to Operation Anchorage early in my second playthrough and I had to face two Supermutant Overlords in level 4. lol I was killed sevral times trying to disarm each one from their Tri-Beam Laser. It was kind of funny though, once I hit the gun out of it's hands, we would run side by side like two idiots to catch it first. lol So yeah, there is some challenge in f3 depending how you play it I would say. I think what makes F3 easy is being able to save at any time in any place.

But you may like FNV even more. The guys at Obsidian promised that they would have overpowered enemies that will prevent players to try to explore everything from the beginning. I already took that as a challenge. Also, you won't feel overpowered with just one weapon. Different enemies will have different armors. Some weapons will be more effective against flesh and others agains armor, etc. So you will see the need to switch between weapons in order to defeat an enemy faster or defeat him at all. Weight is becoming my main concern with FNV because of this, having to carry so many differnt types of weapons may become something to worry about. I don't like the idea of not being able to carry stuff at all times.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I want a real Fallout game. Isometric camera and everything.

Other than that, New Vegas looks like the next best thing, and I'll get it week 1, if not day 1.

It'll rape Fallout 3.  They'e bringing back all the stuff that should have been in Fallout 3 in the first place, such as traits and good writing.

Around the Network

I still have to play Fallout 3 before I move on to New Vegas.  It's a wonder I haven't played it yet, since WRPG is one of my favorite genres...

Carl2291 said:

Will probably be a day 1 buy. I loved Fallout 3 and got all but 1 Achievement in it before I swapped it.

I'm surprised it's getting so little hype really.

Preorders suggest otherwise. Im certain that we will see tons of adds for it soon

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Fallout: new Vegas TV spot

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

lol, nice ad. Yeah Fallout 3 sold an assload, and deservedly so.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PureDante said:

Played Fallout 3 on pc. Was fun, something fresh, but the trailer looks like a carbon copy of Fallout 3, so a no go for me until bargain bin. 

Well Fallout 3 was amazing so is more Fallout 3 a bad thing?  I think not