By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Vegas soon. I don't know why I left the homestead...

yep i preordered the coolectors edition and cant wait for it. This and enslaved are gonna have me zoned the hell out.

Around the Network

I preordered the game from Amazon. I took 500 hours to beat F3 so I estimate that it will take me like 700 hours to beat FNV. I still don't know if I should play Hardcore mode since the beginning.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

I preordered the game from Amazon. I took 500 hours to beat F3 so I estimate that it will take me like 700 hours to beat FNV. I still don't know if I should play Hardcore mode since the beginning.

Can you explain what hardcore mode is?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Euphoria14 said:

I'm going to be 100% honest here. I LOVE Fallout 3, but I am confident that if I wait 6 or so months I will be able to get New Vegas for less than $30-40, whether it be Amazon/eBay or GameFly with my game vouchers plus 10% discount on all games.

I probably won't play it until 2011, but I still want it. I am actually going to replay Fallout 3 right after I obliterate Sports Champions.

wait a little more and you will get the GOTY edition

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

right now I'm not sure if I'll get it on launch or later on (it's between Civilization V, which I'm playing now, and Football Manager 2011), but I certainly plan to get it someday.

I'm not worried about it even with Obsidian record on unfinished games, but I wanted them to have a better engine to use, instead of one that was already dated when the "original" game was released. those faces were already horrible 2 years ago...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Oh hell yeah day 1. I wonder if I can still preorder the collectors edition?

Whats in the collectors edition?

AbbathTheGrim said:

Seriously what the heck did you do to make F3 last 500 hours?  Took me about 100 hours to beat about 80% of the game.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Can you explain what hardcore mode is?

Your character will need water from time to time to prevent death, I think he/she will need to eat as well. Ammo and currency will have weight. You will also have increased difficulty I presume. Finishing the game in such difficulty will unlock a trophy/achievement.

I'm excited, even if it's similar to Fallout 3 (kind expecting it to be) I still can't wait.

yo_john117 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Seriously what the heck did you do to make F3 last 500 hours?  Took me about 100 hours to beat about 80% of the game.

I embarked in the mission of going to every location on my own. I explored everything I could and only needed to resort to the Internet to find five or six locations (stupid White House and stupid manhole). I also liked to do some Outcast hunting after hours of play in order to steal their armor and acquire their weapons to, ironically, trade them for ammo to Protector Casdin. Then I would put on my Roving Trader Costume and visit all the merchants across the world map to make money of the things I scavenged.

Apart from the first thing I mentioned, I know the rest of the things I did can be considered a waste of time but I enjoyed doing that stuff. lol