By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your point of view in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bomb?

I hope one day people will come to reliaze what a terrible thing war is I just hope its not too late. Many know it but it is indifferent to most

Around the Network
Pimp3k said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Pimp3k said:
oldschoolfool said:
forest-spirit said:

Of course it's a crime. Massacring hundreds of thousands is a severe crime no matter your intentions.

It was a neccessary evil. War itself should be a crime. Nobody wishes for these things.

There is no such thing as "necessary evil". There is simply evil or god. Calling something as necessary evil will not justify it. It was maybe necessary from your point of view because your American. But intentional killing of millions civilians is nothing more and nothing else then genocide.

i don't think it was genocide because USA didn't bombed japan because they were racist to japannese or asian, they bombed it to start the war, genocide is  like the hitler thing with the jew. He killed  jews because he hated them.

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group."

Hiroshima and Nagasaki was deliberate systematic destruction of an ethnic or racial group. They were killed because they were Japanese...

is not genocide, because if it was, they would bomb all japan and genocide is mainly cause by racial issues and i doubt The USA hate japan back then and now.

finalrpgfantasy said:

is not genocide, because if it was, they would bomb all japan and genocide is mainly cause by racial issues and i doubt The USA hate japan back then and now.

Actually, the U.S pretty much hated the Japanese. 

They considered the Japanese to be scum.

But in no means was that Genocide. What the Germans did was genocide, but bombing an enemy to end the war in not genocide, even if the methods of bombing come in question.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

kowenicki said:
SleepWaking said:
kowenicki said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

The Japanese slaughtered more than enough people to warrant those nukes

but the majority of the dead of the A bomb were civilians not japanese soldiers.

So were the majority of the hundreds of thousands Chinese men, women and children murdered and raped by Japanese soldiers... be under no illusion...  the Japanese were blood thirsty lunatics in the run up to and during world war 2.

http://www.nanking-massacre.com/Nanking_Massacre_Photo_Group_One.html

Dont check out the above site if squeemish!!!!

This doesn't prove anything, yes they did horrible things but that doesn't mean America should have done that as well. This is about if it was justified means to end a war. I believe it was but not because Japanese soldiers raped, murdered and tortured many, but because I believe it saved lot's of lifes in the end.

many?  hundreds of thousands in the most horrific circumstances imaginable.

And it proves one thing... they would have fought to the death and slaughtered as many as possible on the way.

Ok I will give you that one, still it shouldn't have been brought in to this conversation imo. I mean it's not like we don't know about kamikaze and the attitude of Japanese soldiers in World War Two.

It's not a mud slinging contest.

c03n3nj0 said:
Pimp3k said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Pimp3k said:
oldschoolfool said:
forest-spirit said:

Of course it's a crime. Massacring hundreds of thousands is a severe crime no matter your intentions.

It was a neccessary evil. War itself should be a crime. Nobody wishes for these things.

There is no such thing as "necessary evil". There is simply evil or god. Calling something as necessary evil will not justify it. It was maybe necessary from your point of view because your American. But intentional killing of millions civilians is nothing more and nothing else then genocide.

i don't think it was genocide because USA didn't bombed japan because they were racist to japannese or asian, they bombed it to start the war, genocide is  like the hitler thing with the jew. He killed  jews because he hated them.

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group."

Hiroshima and Nagasaki was deliberate systematic destruction of an ethnic or racial group. They were killed because they were Japanese...

This makes no sense whatsoever.

They were killed because they were Japanese...

BECAUSE THE U.S WAS IN WAR WITH JAPAN!

It's like saying the Allies bombed Berlin because they were racist against Germans. No, it was because they were at war with Germany.

So? When your in a war with someone you can completely eliminate the whole nation? The vital point I'm trying to make is that nuking was deliberate systematic destruction.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

but the majority of the dead of the A bomb were civilians not japanese soldiers.

So were the majority of the hundreds of thousands Chinese men, women and children murdered and raped by Japanese soldiers... be under no illusion...  the Japanese were blood thirsty lunatics in the run up to and during world war 2.

What you are saying is that when someone murders someone we should murder his daughter?

Yeah sorry I am confused...

c03n3nj0 said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

Actually, the U.S pretty much hated the Japanese. 

They considered the Japanese to be scum.

But in no means was that Genocide. What the Germans did was genocide, but bombing an enemy to end the war in not genocide, even if the methods of bombing come in question.  

really? but now they must love Japanese, they gave us nintendo.

Lostplanet22 said:
kowenicki said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

What you are saying is that when someone murders someone we should murder his daughter?

Yeah sorry I am confused...

and his son and wife also

Pimp3k said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Pimp3k said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Pimp3k said:
oldschoolfool said:
forest-spirit said:

This makes no sense whatsoever.

They were killed because they were Japanese...

BECAUSE THE U.S WAS IN WAR WITH JAPAN!

It's like saying the Allies bombed Berlin because they were racist against Germans. No, it was because they were at war with Germany.

So? When your in a war with someone you can completely eliminate the whole nation? The vital point I'm trying to make is that nuking was deliberate systematic destruction.

It really wasn't.

If the Americans wanted to destroy Japan, they would have nuked Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto and bombed the Imperial Palace. They didn't. They destroyed two relatively small towns which, though they contained many hundreds of thousands of civilians, were munition towns.

The atomic bombs were displays of force. America was basically saying "Stop fighting this war. You can't win".

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective