By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your point of view in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bomb?

Also The Nuclear bombs (at least Fat Man wasn't) weren't the worst in terms of civilian casualties. The bombing Raids on Tokyo killed more civilians (Specifically the Great Tokyo Air Raid of 9-10 March 1945, killing 100,000 people and dropping 267,000 buildings,25% of the city).

Around the Network
non-gravity said:

The Japanese slaughtered more than enough people to warrant those nukes

but the majority of the dead of the A bomb were civilians not japanese soldiers.

Zkuq said:

One bomb may have been necessary... But even another one? Not so sure about that.

It was needed. The japanese leadership believed the first was an one-timer. The second one disproved that and made them truly surrender. 

Look it up.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

MrBubbles said:
SleepWaking said:
MrBubbles said:

there were worse things that happened and the US warned people to leave the towns.

Actually they didn't with the Atomic bombing, it's odd because usually they did drop flyers warning the civilians of bombing raids. It's also widely believed America just wanted to see what a Atomic bomb would do, using the Japanese as guinea pigs. It's harsh but it also the reason why they really didn't bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki before they dropped the nuclear bombs.

to my understanding they dropped things stating all the towns on the list could be destroyed by US bombs.  both town names were on the list.

Yes they dropped flyers stating they could bomb cities, but mostly before a bombing raid truly commenced they would also drop flyers telling the civilians to get out. they didn't with the atomic bombing.

finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

but the majority of the dead of the A bomb were civilians not japanese soldiers.

this

Around the Network

I think the biggest terror of the bombing was the horrible effects of radiation

finalrpgfantasy said:
Pimp3k said:
oldschoolfool said:
forest-spirit said:

Of course it's a crime. Massacring hundreds of thousands is a severe crime no matter your intentions.

It was a neccessary evil. War itself should be a crime. Nobody wishes for these things.

There is no such thing as "necessary evil". There is simply evil or god. Calling something as necessary evil will not justify it. It was maybe necessary from your point of view because your American. But intentional killing of millions civilians is nothing more and nothing else then genocide.

i don't think it was genocide because USA didn't bombed japan because they were racist to japannese or asian, they bombed it to start the war, genocide is  like the hitler thing with the jew. He killed  jews because he hated them.

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group."

Hiroshima and Nagasaki was deliberate systematic destruction of an ethnic or racial group. They were killed because they were Japanese...

kowenicki said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

So were the majority of the hundreds of thousands Chinese men, women and children murdered and raped by Japanese soldiers... be under no illusion...  the Japanese were blood thirsty lunatics in the run up to and during world war 2.

http://www.nanking-massacre.com/Nanking_Massacre_Photo_Group_One.html

Dont check out the above site if squeemish!!!!

I also mentioned that earlier but I dont think that justifies what was done. War is just horrible in all ends

kowenicki said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
non-gravity said:

So were the majority of the hundreds of thousands Chinese men, women and children murdered and raped by Japanese soldiers... be under no illusion...  the Japanese were blood thirsty lunatics in the run up to and during world war 2.

http://www.nanking-massacre.com/Nanking_Massacre_Photo_Group_One.html

Dont check out the above site if squeemish!!!!

This doesn't prove anything, yes they did horrible things but that doesn't mean America should have done that as well. This is about if it was justified means to end a war. I believe it was but not because Japanese soldiers raped, murdered and tortured many, but because I believe it saved lot's of lifes in the end.

Pimp3k said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Pimp3k said:
oldschoolfool said:
forest-spirit said:

Of course it's a crime. Massacring hundreds of thousands is a severe crime no matter your intentions.

It was a neccessary evil. War itself should be a crime. Nobody wishes for these things.

There is no such thing as "necessary evil". There is simply evil or god. Calling something as necessary evil will not justify it. It was maybe necessary from your point of view because your American. But intentional killing of millions civilians is nothing more and nothing else then genocide.

i don't think it was genocide because USA didn't bombed japan because they were racist to japannese or asian, they bombed it to start the war, genocide is  like the hitler thing with the jew. He killed  jews because he hated them.

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group."

Hiroshima and Nagasaki was deliberate systematic destruction of an ethnic or racial group. They were killed because they were Japanese...

This makes no sense whatsoever. 

They were killed because they were Japanese...

BECAUSE THE U.S WAS IN WAR WITH JAPAN!

It's like saying the Allies bombed Berlin because they were racist against Germans. No, it was because they were at war with Germany. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."