By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence

Well there were some hints about the sales of Sports Champions in the UK in that other thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116528

ioi said:
Zlejedi said:

Hmm being beetween Mafia II and Reach leaves us a huge range of possible results.

Yup anywhere between 15k and 430k... I'll let you guess which it is closer to

and this one:

ioi said:
Zlejedi said:

My gut tells me somewhere in 50-100k range for uk ;)

I would consider that "extremely optimistic"...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
sully1311 said:
Munkeh111 said:

I believe that ioi has said that there will be VGC numbers.. so we should get some proper numbers

A number 2 start in the UK is as good as can be expected especially without any TV adverts, which should be starting soon. Given that Sports Champions in the main launch title, Move sales will be pretty similar to that, and will probably be a better figure for number of move adopters than the actual hardware numbers

the only thing is, there has been adverts on tv in the uk!

When? I obviously haven't been watching enough TV!!! I certainly haven't seen any

my parents have seen some, as they thought the there was a new ps console coming out, and it also came on during champions league on wednesday on itv1

Noobie said:

but in EU Sports Champion is not a bundled game so the numbers does not directly correlate to the number of MOVE moved. :) so probably Sport Champion will be the most popular title but overall i think number of MOVE sold will be 2x Sports Champion.

well i did buy two move controllers but didn't buy sports champions... will buy it in the future but only because my wife liked it very much and i like the table tennis game... i mainly bought it for hustle kings, heavy rain and resident evil 5 (games that i own already) for LBP2, KZ3 and many others...
So the sales of sports champions will not be on par with move controllers IMO.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

If it's anything like Wii remote adoption, the mode number of controllers will be 2, and the average will be ~2.5, both in terms of "per household with a Move controller".

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

First Move sales info in now from Vgchartz, it's offical, check the home page.

Americas: Around 60,000(PS3 bundle,Starter Pack, and individual sales)

Others: Around 80,000

Total: Around 140,000 worldwide

vs the Wii launch

Over half a million! (only in Americas)

Not a very good launch if you ask me. I guess even some PS3 owners are smarter than they think.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

vs the Wii launch

Over half a million! (only in Americas)

Not a very good launch if you ask me. I guess even some PS3 owners are smarter than they think.

It's not that bad.  It's planned as a slow burner.

Hardly explosive numbers, but there aren't exactly any reports of retailers sitting on stockrooms full of unsold peripherals either.

If anything, it appears that Move was roughly produced and ordered and shipped pretty close to initial consumer demand.

Given the initial line up of games and the fairly minimal amount of marketing and promotion, this shouldn't really come as a huge surprise. Sports Champions does a pretty decent job of showcasing the tech and naturally, a bunch of the initial release titles are mediocre party titles at best (based on the dozen or so demos I played over the weekend).

Move will pretty much be dependent upon future software releases to continue to sell controllers, which is really how it should be.

If millions of customers are initially buying a peripheral to play a handful of mediocre titles, then you know the marketing team and promotional efforts have done their job. Mind job that is.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Remember: one day sales.

ethomaz said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Remember: one day sales.

Still pretty low compared to Wii Sports Resorts which sold 155k in one day in Japan alone.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Huh where are you wandering to?  Oh I just noticed, you meant wondering not wandering. Pardon my strickness with wording.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d