By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence

Grimes said:
ethomaz said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

First Move sales info in now from Vgchartz, it's offical, check the home page.

Americas: Around 60,000(PS3 bundle,Starter Pack, and individual sales)

Others: Around 80,000

Total: Around 140,000 worldwide

Remember: one day sales.

Still pretty low compared to Wii Sports Resorts which sold 155k in one day in Japan alone.

What kind of comparison is that?

Great sales for PS Move... don't compare an accessory to a game.

Around the Network

Damn, that's really low.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

ethomaz said:
Grimes said:
ethomaz said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Still pretty low compared to Wii Sports Resorts which sold 155k in one day in Japan alone.

Wii Sports Resort came with Wii Motion Plus.

Even Wii MotionPlus sold better on week one. Half in which were standalone units.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Demotruk said:
ethomaz said:
Grimes said:
ethomaz said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Again...what kind of comparison is that?

Wii Remote user base at Wii Sports Resort launch: OVER 50 MILLION.

PS Move user base at Move launch (dãã): 0

Wii Sports Resort = 50M potential Wii Remote old users.
PS Move = 0 potential Move old users.

Around the Network

There are many reasons why it didn't sell.

1.Wacky calabirtaion- with MotionPlus all you have to do is place it on a flat surface for a few seconds, but with Move you have to position it around all around your body. And if you mess it up very noticable lag appears.

2.No games- besides Sports Champions( which is a incomplete copy of Wii Sports Resort), there are no other good games to play. Start The Party is short and inentertaining. Kung Fu Rider is broken and stupid. Not a big fan of Heavy Rain. Resident Evil only plays with the move in Gold Edition. The bowling game is nothing like Wii bowling. Tumble looks very boring. Tiger Woods is just like the Wii version.

3.No use of the Navigition Controller- only works with Resident Evil right now, and the menu on the PS3.

4.No value- compare with the Wii there is no value buying the Console version. Own the console buy the $100 start pack. Own a Eye Camara, buy the controller and a game. So many uneven options. The Wii comes with 2 games and 3 different ways to play games. The Navigition Controller isn't included with any bundle. 

Now for a price comparison against the Wii. Only with 2 players.

Wii console, 4 games(such as New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Mario Kart Wii) 2 games are already included. Nyko Charge Station, Extra Wii remote and Nunchuk, all for $400.The same price for a normal Move Console Bundle.

PS3 console(Move Edition), 4 games(such as the Bowling game, The Fight:Lights Out, and LittleBigPlanet) 1 game already included. Extra Move controller, and probabrly a extra Navigition controller. All for $600. Plus some of these games aren't even out yet.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

ethomaz said:
Demotruk said:

They are both upgrade accessories for the basic systems. It seems like a pretty comparable situation to me.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

ethomaz said:

The comparable install base is PS3's, which amount to more than 0, or so I've heard. With Wii Sports Resort you can buy the game with the peripheral, with Champions you can buy the Move starter pack for a few dollars more, so they are directly comparable.

If that's the initial sales for a few days then it's probably enough of a start, assuming good word of mouth and more games.  Sony is clearly banking of word of mouth up to the holidays building interest with a medium marketing effort.

In this case though I'm going to take the sales estimates with a big pinch of salt, mainly due to a high level of assumptions and a lack of historic data and examples to extrapolate from.  In this case the margin of error I feel is too high to make to many guesses ourselves from the data.

I will say I think Sony should have timed things to have Sorcery release just before Christmas, but this time around they clearly wanted to launch before MS so I guess that's that.

I'm amazed some people though a peripheral with limited titles launching in September would sell by the bucket load.  This is a release timed to build interest.  It's Kinect that's going for the big launch, close to the holidays, in the hope of having front loaded sales.  Sony have made it clear publicliy in their statements they are not aiming for that kind of strategy.

EDIT - whoops, thought this was the other Move thread I'm reading - well, it still kind of fits.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The biggest problem for the Move is there is no WOW!!! factor. When the Wii came along, there was a lot of amazement because most people had never experienced anything like it. Wii Sports was a fresh experience.

There is nothing new and fresh about any of the Move games. To the average person, the games are the same but with different graphics. You may feel differently, but I'm talking about someone who watches the commercial it looks the same. Even when they bash the Wii, there is nothing that says new or fresh.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.