By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (11th September 2010)

Kynes said:
BHR-3 said:

COD BO PS3 is killing it

UP about 30% from MW2 same time frame

while CODBO 360 is only up 2.6%

would of thought the opposite since the MSs activision deal and the recent 360 sales surge

also the ratio between the two from MW2 this time frame was 360 had 76% of MW2 PO now with CODBO its down to 62% in favor of the 360, despite 360 selling more HW than PS3 in NA since MW2 release and even more recently with its 250gb release

where are all these new PS3 owners coming from preordering BOs?

why isnt the 360s preorders up from MW2 despite it it pushing more HW than PS3 from June and even since MW2 launched?

GT5 doing good as always 3M 1st week WW

Reach "steals" some sales/preorders. As simple as that. It's easier to sell more if you only have one great game in that genre in PS3. Is there any other good-great FPS on PS3 this Christmas? MOH is going to sell much less than COD. Halo is very probable to sell more than COD in X360.

didnt ODST L4D2 and Borderlands do that last year?

and if you look at the the COD franchise lifetime sales starting with COD4 360 has 63% of its total sales with WaW 360 has 61% and with MW2 it has 57

also the trend can be seen with other games like the WWE games, NFS, Madden, and RDR

i beielve something else is going on

but will keep in mind what you said bout Reach stealing some of its PO in the next few weeks once reach has been released and will think about it again once final PO for BO are out

Play Me

Around the Network

I don't think you can compare Reach with ODST/L4D2/Borderlands in a hype/preorders level. Reach could sell some millions more than the amount those three games sold together.

O_O

3 weeks in a row that Just Dance has a better weekly change that GT5.

This generation has a lot of fun (and sometimes crazy) things.

How Black Ops is getting such strong pre-orders, I don't know. At least the difference will probably not get any bigger compared to Reach as I notice Reach pre-orders started to jump around the 8 week point.

Still Halo: Reach only 8k away from 2 million pre-orders in Americas alone? WOW Remember this data stops at the end of Saturday the 11th. Halo Reach still has 2 days of pre-orders to fill, and probably ended up close to 2.1 million US pre-orders. With Pre-orders close to 800k in EMEAA and others, this title came very close to 3 million pre-orders alone.

Considering Halo 3 only sold 3.8 million units week 1, with 1.1 million Americas pre-orders, I'm expecting this game to get around 6 million week 1 sales. Just nuts, I can't wait for next weeks data (and tomorrow).

Sucks Sports Champions only finished with 35k pre-orders, and do I see God of War for PSP at number 50? wow that game deserves more, PSP is really dying in Americas.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think the halo reach sales preview first week(4m) by VGC is right.....

Reach will def sell 3m in NA but in EMEAA it won't be that big, I checked ODST and Halo 3 numbers non of them got over 1m in EMEAA so 4m FW is looking likely.

as for GT5 seems like it will hit 300k preorders and 500k first week  sales in NA if it doesn't pick up(YEH LIKE IT WON'T -_-) once it picks up tho it will likely reach 400k - 500k pre-orders which means 700k-800k first week in NA, GOW3 had 400k pre-orders at lauch and sold 800k first week NA.

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:
Isuck said:

Too the people who said that Halo Reach was not going to have a bigger opening than Halo 3.

"HAHAHAHA where are you NOW!!!???!?!?!"

Will you be laughing at the ppl who said HALO REACH will sell 5m and more first week if it doesn't?????????? hmmmmm doubt it.

Get real dude, there were about 2 people that said Halo Reach would sell over 5 million, and in truth 5 million is within the realm of possibility. 

Some of need to wake up...

CoD is pulling high numbers because it's a great franchise. Is it so hard to believe?...(Rhetorical question)

yo_john117 said:
Ping_ii said:
Isuck said:

Too the people who said that Halo Reach was not going to have a bigger opening than Halo 3.

Will you be laughing at the ppl who said HALO REACH will sell 5m and more first week if it doesn't?????????? hmmmmm doubt it.

Get real dude, there were about 2 people that said Halo Reach would sell over 5 million, and in truth 5 million is within the realm of possibility. 

Don't even bother with Ping, its not even worth your time to reply to him.

Boutros said:

CoD is pulling high numbers because it's a great franchise. Is it so hard to believe?...(Rhetorical question)

Yes, I've played every major COD, and it is trash, I wont fall for the hype this time though.

yo_john117 said:
Ping_ii said:
Isuck said:

And how many said it wont sell more than halo 3 do you know?

Jadedx said:
yo_john117 said:
Ping_ii said:
Isuck said:

Don't even bother with Ping, its not even worth your time to reply to him.

Boutros said:

Yes, I've played every major COD, and it is trash, I wont fall for the hype this time though.

I played most CoD and it's an amazing franchise. So I'm glad Activision is making money with it.