By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Muslims face bias at work

Canada is awesome that's all im saying.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
babuks said:
leatherhat said:

You can't really blame people for not trusting muslims considering the acts the religion is best known for. 

Why would you blame a religion for the wrongful acts of some of its followers (even not proved in the Court of law that Muslims did it). It is a falacy and known as 'hasty generalization'. Don't do it.

Who said I was doing it? Read what I wrote. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Okay I apologize in advance that this isn't directly on topic, but how about how white people face bias at work these days? I know in Canada if a business has over 100 employees they must hire a certain number of people in 4 special groups (people with disabilities, natives, women and minorities) and if the business fails to do so they must explain their reasons for not hiring more of these people. So basically the government is forcing you to hire minorities just so that you are a multicultural business. How is that equality when you're forced to hire people based on race and not qualifications?

I think  hiring people should be based 100% on who is the best person for the job and have nothing do do with race. If a business is all white then so be it, if its all native then that's great too.

P.S. I just read the title of the thread, not the article yet. I'll read it when i get back from class and post something on topic.

raptors11 said:

Okay I apologize in advance that this isn't directly on topic, but how about how white people face bias at work these days? I know in Canada if a business has over 100 employees they must hire a certain number of people in 4 special groups (people with disabilities, natives, women and minorities) and if the business fails to do so they must explain their reasons for not hiring more of these people. So basically the government is forcing you to hire minorities just so that you are a multicultural business. How is that equality when you're forced to hire people based on race and not qualifications?

I think  hiring people should be based 100% on who is the best person for the job and have nothing do do with race. If a business is all white then so be it, if its all native then that's great too.

P.S. I just read the title of the thread, not the article yet. I'll read it when i get back from class and post something on topic.

You are talking about positive discrimination..yes I think that is stupid,  It sounds a nice thing to do in theory but in countries it lead to a massive group of 'white' people who have to live basically in dumps because they can not find work anymore....

ShadowSoldier said:

Canada is awesome that's all im saying.

I love Canada I have been to Toronto numerous times

Bit this is also Canada: http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/story.html?id=175234

Around the Network
superchunk said:
leatherhat said:

You can't really blame people for not trusting muslims considering the acts the religion is best known for. 

True, however, it wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for various media outlets dispencing wholly infactual information regarding Islam.

Its really sad when I see extreamist viewpoints presented as fact on Fox news knowing its simply wrong and just the same idiotic rhetoric utilized by alQueda and other terrorist groups.

what's with your beef on fox news. I watch fox news. If your talking about glenn beck and hannity,then I agree with you. MSNBC has there own idiotic rhetoric with keith olberman and chris mathews. Let's not act like fox news is the only one that has insane viewpoints. lol

well the bias occuring in middle-east countries to the same respect is thus given justice through such means...

mhsillen said:
Vetteman94 said:

I am glad I work for a company that does not tolerate these kind of things.  Although I have not witnessed any backash/bias against any muslims at my place of work either.  It seems more companies need better diversity training.  

You mean indoctrination

I always question that kind of training 

Wow, watch Fox news much? 

whatever said:
mhsillen said:
Vetteman94 said:

I am glad I work for a company that does not tolerate these kind of things.  Although I have not witnessed any backash/bias against any muslims at my place of work either.  It seems more companies need better diversity training.  

You mean indoctrination

I always question that kind of training 

Wow, watch Fox news much? 

I watch fox news all the time and I disagree with that guy. What does that have to do with anything?

70 years ago we would have gathered up all Muslims and put them in something similar to a concentration camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

We may not be perfect, but society is moving forward by quite a bit I'd say. While it's easy for one person to change their way of thinking, to change and entire society takes a lot longer.