By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Muslims face bias at work

mhsillen said:
whatever said:

So learning about how the different people from different cultures may view things diffently is indoctrination?  Way to be open-minded.  Just because some women in your office act a certain way means they all do??  Are you really that naive?

Apparently I hit a nerve about Fox news.  Fox news is the king of indoctrination.  I've always found it hard to believe that people think they are actually getting the news when they watch Fox, but some actually do.  It is scary to me that people will fall for propaganda so easily.

Why would I need to be taught about other people when I all by myself am capable of teaching and learning this myself.

Why would I put my trust in someone I do not know,when I don't know their own  prejudices  and agenda's.

Again I'm not defending fox news but your instance that I watch it.  You don't know me but you already know my viewing habits and that I am to stupid to form my own opinions.  

Yopu come off as arrogant with your proclamations from on high

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

And blanketing conservatives who watch fox news as scary ...please half the people in the usa are scary

Your the one saying you don't need anyone's help to learn anything and I'm the arrogant one?  And I think you need to learn the definition of naive.

Around the Network
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

So learning about how the different people from different cultures may view things diffently is indoctrination?  Way to be open-minded.  Just because some women in your office act a certain way means they all do??  Are you really that naive?

Apparently I hit a nerve about Fox news.  Fox news is the king of indoctrination.  I've always found it hard to believe that people think they are actually getting the news when they watch Fox, but some actually do.  It is scary to me that people will fall for propaganda so easily.

Why would I need to be taught about other people when I all by myself am capable of teaching and learning this myself.

Why would I put my trust in someone I do not know,when I don't know their own  prejudices  and agenda's.

Again I'm not defending fox news but your instance that I watch it.  You don't know me but you already know my viewing habits and that I am to stupid to form my own opinions.  

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

And blanketing conservatives who watch fox news as scary ...please half the people in the usa are scary

Your the one saying you don't need anyone's help to learn anything and I'm the arrogant one?  And I think you need to learn the definition of naive.

I am explaining the  arrogant things you said 

And when is it arrogant for a 50 year old to have confidence in my ability to learn?  And did you read what said?

Why should I trust someone when I do not know their prejudices and agendas.  You should always question when someone tells you want to think.

But I can tell that you are far superior than the unwashed hillbillies that watch fox news.

Your fox news comment was just an insult and meant to marginalize people. And intellectually lazy

mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

And when is it arrogant for a 50 year old to have confidence in my ability to learn?  And did you read what said?

Why should I trust someone when I do not know their prejudices and agendas.  You should always question when someone tells you want to think.

But I can tell that you are far superior than the unwashed hillbillies that watch fox news.

Your fox news comment was just an insult and meant to marginalize people. And intellectually lazy

I read what you wrote.  It is arrogant to think that everyone that is trying to teach you something has some agenda that they are trying to push on you or are telling you what to think.  Your original comment was meant to marginalize people that do diversity training and you are accusing me of marginalizing?

My Fox news comment was stating my opinion on Fox news.  I think it is sad that propaganda works as well as it does.  You want to think that is an insult, I could care less.  Please explain how this is intellectually lazy.  I stated my opinion, if you want me to go into specifcs, I'd be more than happy to do that.

whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

I read what you wrote.  It is arrogant to think that everyone that is trying to teach you something has some agenda that they are trying to push on you or are telling you what to think.  Your original comment was meant to marginalize people that do diversity training and you are accusing me of marginalizing?

My Fox news comment was stating my opinion on Fox news.  I think it is sad that propaganda works as well as it does.  You want to think that is an insult, I could care less.  Please explain how this is intellectually lazy.  I stated my opinion, if you want me to go into specifcs, I'd be more than happy to do that.

After my original comment you said, Quote

"Watch fox news much"

So you insinuated that I watch fox news

That is intellectually lazy as it mean nothing. 

Do some research on diversity training because  many of its forms are useless and cause more problems instead of solving them.  I like diversity except those damn conservatives. 

mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

"Watch fox news much"

Do some research on diversity training because  many of its forms are useless and cause more problems instead of solving them.  I like diversity except those damn conservatives. 

Because your original ridiculous statement "You mean indoctrination" is similar to what you hear all the time on Fox news.  If you don't watch fox news and don't know that, then good for you.

I've worked for several large companies and have had numerous diversity and sexual harrassment training sessions.  They are definitely not some sort of indoctrination or agenda pushing events.  They are generally just giving information and are usually things that the company you work for does or does not find acceptable.  They are simply the company setting boundaries so it isn't a surprise if you are fired for doing something to which the company objects.

As for your last statment, I don't have a problem with conservatives in general.  I agree with a lot of conservative principles (mainly some of the fiscal ones).  But I do have a problem with idiot nonsense like your original post.

Around the Network
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

"Watch fox news much"

Because your original ridiculous statement "You mean indoctrination" is similar to what you hear all the time on Fox news.  If you don't watch fox news and don't know that, then good for you.

I've worked for several large companies and have had numerous diversity and sexual harrassment training sessions.  They are definitely not some sort of indoctrination or agenda pushing events.  They are generally just giving information and are usually things that the company you work for does or does not find acceptable.  They are simply the company setting boundaries so it isn't a surprise if you are fired for doing something to which the company objects.

As for your last statment, I don't have a problem with conservatives in general.  I agree with a lot of conservative principles (mainly some of the fiscal ones).  But I do have a problem with idiot nonsense like your original post.

fox news much   was your statement and that means nothing to me.  

I don't watch fox news, I will repeat I do not watch fox news, 

I am not going to be trained by someone who sets the agenda buy manipulating peoples feelings

especially when it deals with religion. By all means you go ahead 

My post makes perfect sense for I can see things for myself look at both sides and determine for  myself  what I believe.

That is not nonsense as I am not going to be beholden to any side. 

whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

"Watch fox news much"

Oh so you watch fox news!

I'm sorry I didn't know indoctrination was word developed and is the sole  property of fox news

I'm sure your a great guy but the fox news comment did not mean anything.And  when is independent thought wrong?

Why does that bother you?  

Muslims face more bigotry and religious intolerance from Non-Muslims post 9/11. A few terrorists pretending to be  fundamentalist Muslims paint a bad name for Muslims around the world. I believe the 9/11 terrorists may not have been Muslims but impostors pretending to be fundamentalist Muslims. 

No one likes to be an outcast and be rejected and alienated from society. Muslims  who are mainly average citizens face persistent harassment and intimidation from ignorant fools fooled by the media/government.

mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
whatever said:

You are naive

Fox hit a nerve with you

"Watch fox news much"

fox news much   was your statement and that means nothing to me.  

I don't watch fox news, I will repeat I do not watch fox news, 

I am not going to be trained by someone who sets the agenda buy manipulating peoples feelings

especially when it deals with religion. By all means you go ahead 

My post makes perfect sense for I can see things for myself look at both sides and determine for  myself  what I believe.

That is not nonsense as I am not going to be beholden to any side. 

Fox News gives its viewers fair and balanced information and a conservative view on the world that all Muslims must be bad because of 9/11. Fox News breeds the most ignorant fools within society.