By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Muslims face bias at work

I just have to point out the (obvious) thing that tends to get overlooked ... An increase in reporting of discrimination doesn't actually mean that discrimination actually increased. The increase in reporting on supposed anti-Islamic activity will potentially increase the reporting of acts that people see as being intolerant.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
Vetteman94 said:

I am glad I work for a company that does not tolerate these kind of things.  Although I have not witnessed any backash/bias against any muslims at my place of work either.  It seems more companies need better diversity training.  

You mean indoctrination

I always question that kind of training 

Wow, watch Fox news much? 

I watch fox news all the time and I disagree with that guy. What does that have to do with anything?

I feel very sorry for you.

After reading about the first half of the article all I can say is radical Muslims are ruining the lives of honest hard working Muslims in America.

If radical muslims didn't fucking bomb buildings all the time then Americans wouldn't have such a negative feeling towards Islamic people.

I can't blame Americans for not liking Muslims, based on what they've done to America, but people should be smart enough to know the difference between radical ass crazy jackass Muslims and honest hard working ones.

whatever said:
mhsillen said:
Vetteman94 said:

I am glad I work for a company that does not tolerate these kind of things.  Although I have not witnessed any backash/bias against any muslims at my place of work either.  It seems more companies need better diversity training.  

You mean indoctrination

Watch fox news much?  That means nothing, I can think on my own.  Can you come up with a better comment?

I don't want anybody to train me in want they want me to believe.  Maybe you don't think for yourself but I do.

No I watch south park much.  Do you watch MSNBC much?

whatever said:
oldschoolfool said:
whatever said:
mhsillen said:
Vetteman94 said:

You mean indoctrination

I watch fox news all the time and I disagree with that guy. What does that have to do with anything?

I feel very sorry for you.

You must one of the few people who are qualified to talk about other people who you do not know.

And that guy must really appreciate you feeling sorry for him, what a guy 

Around the Network

other people tell me fox news is bad

so I will believe that because I can't think for myself

Fox news is bad, they club baby seals and suck the blood of little baby's 

As far as I know especially from taking womens studies courses and sociology courses.

Everybody in America faces bias/ discrimination, except the white man.

All the white man gets is privledge, so why should I care about Muslims bias more than the ones seen against say women, non whites, gays, shortpeople, fat people etc.?

Oh and I do happen to be a white man, and I'm an atheist so I face biases all the time.

chocoloco said:

As far as I know especially from taking womens studies courses and sociology courses.

All the white man gets is privledge, so why should I care about Muslims bias more than the ones seen against say women, non whites, gays, shortpeople, fat people etc.?

Oh and I do happen to be a white man, and I'm an atheist so I face biases all the time.

White catholic straight male here, being on "top" isn't so great when the PC police are on your back and when the minority scholarships are sent out. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
chocoloco said:

White catholic straight male here, being on "top" isn't so great when the PC police are on your back and when the minority scholarships are sent out. 

I agree, but that discrimination is nothing compared to those mentioned. Anyways you prove my point ever further maybe people need to realize everybody faces "bias," so I think the recent focus on Muslim people is overblown.

Oh and I don't know about the college you went to, but mine is at least 80 -90% white.

chocoloco said:
leatherhat said:
chocoloco said:

I agree, but that discrimination is nothing compared to those mentioned. Anyways you prove my point ever further maybe people need to realize everybody faces "bias," so I think the recent focus on Muslim people is overblown.

Oh and I don't know about the college you went to, but mine is at least 80 -90% white.

Come to California, 99% of all students at UCs are Asian people.

I've got it worst because I am a white male, but I'm a redhead. Everyone cares about the poor muslim, the poor black person, the poor woman, but they all collectively laugh at the redheads! It's horrible!

Well, I'm exaggerating. I have heard sad stories, but I've actually never been made fun of for having red hair. I think it's because everyone looks at me and instantly realizes I'm the sexiest person in this world, and my red hair only adds to the uniqueness I hold. Well there is that, and I also ---- *head floats off into the air*