By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN puts down Lost Odyssey, but Kotaku points out...

WELL

for thos of you who LISTENED to the 1up Podcast last week Their IMPRESSIONS MIRRORED IGN's..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
sinha said:
mrstickball said:
ClaudeLv250 - How much of Blue Dragon did you play?

I played the Blue Dragon demo and thought it was crap. Now, I'm totally biased against JRPGs almost as a rule because I find the whole turn thing to be silly... BUT, I also played the Eternal Sonata demo and even though I would never buy that either, it was superior on every level (again, based on the demo). As soon as I had to fight my fifth pink "poo snake" I was done with Blue Dragon.

And Lost Odyssey was the game where one long-haired clean-shaven character was wearing pink sunglasses and another long-haired clean-shaven character was wearing a scarf, correct? If the shooters with a bald space marine protagonist are getting old (and they are), what about turn-based RPGs with feminized/androgynous male protagonists?

I played the Blue Dragon demo and didn't like it either. I played the Eternal Sonata demo and enjoyed it thoroughly. I bought both games and now the opposite is true. I loved Blue Dragon and I have finished the game. Eternal Sonata is a different matter. The game isn't bad, but I just not having that much fun with it. Demo's aren't always good indicators of the final product. 

Darc Requiem said:
sinha said:
mrstickball said:
ClaudeLv250 - How much of Blue Dragon did you play?

I played the Blue Dragon demo and thought it was crap. Now, I'm totally biased against JRPGs almost as a rule because I find the whole turn thing to be silly... BUT, I also played the Eternal Sonata demo and even though I would never buy that either, it was superior on every level (again, based on the demo). As soon as I had to fight my fifth pink "poo snake" I was done with Blue Dragon.

And Lost Odyssey was the game where one long-haired clean-shaven character was wearing pink sunglasses and another long-haired clean-shaven character was wearing a scarf, correct? If the shooters with a bald space marine protagonist are getting old (and they are), what about turn-based RPGs with feminized/androgynous male protagonists?

I played the Blue Dragon demo and didn't like it either. I played the Eternal Sonata demo and enjoyed it thoroughly. I bought both games and now the opposite is true. I loved Blue Dragon and I have finished the game. Eternal Sonata is a different matter. The game isn't bad, but I just not having that much fun with it. Demo's aren't always good indicators of the final product. 

Blue Dragon is a very good RPG after the first 10 hours.  It's stupid that the developers made the beginning so crappy, but after that it's actually very good!

This game is on my list, but Im cautious about it. Reviews and some trusted peoples impressions are going to help decide.

Man, RPG for this next generation have been a HUGE dissapointment!!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Squall_Leonhart said:
The game is on 4 DVD's... Thats a bit much is it not? Looks like having a Blu-ray drive in the PS3 is seeming to be more and more of a good idea!

Like the game starring the very person you named yourself after? And don't tell me that has changed because the formats have. Games don't flop because they are on more than one discs. That doesn't mean there are not multi-disc flops. It just means that being multi-disc, just by itself, is not one of the causes.

In other words, no, blu-ray on the PS3 is not a good idea soley because of no multi-disc games. There can be other benefits, but running one disc games is not it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
The game is on 4 DVD's... Thats a bit much is it not? Looks like having a Blu-ray drive in the PS3 is seeming to be more and more of a good idea!

Like the game starring the very person you named yourself after? And don't tell me that has changed because the formats have. Games don't flop because they are on more than one discs. That doesn't mean there are not multi-disc flops. It just means that being multi-disc, just by itself, is not one of the causes.

In other words, no, blu-ray on the PS3 is not a good idea soley because of no multi-disc games. There can be other benefits, but running one disc games is not it.

Ha ha,the irony, Squall from Final Fantasy VIII bashing a JRPG from Hironobu Sakaguchi for being 4 disks big. If getting your ass off the couch every 10 hours isnt a big deal. 

I think we are in a age where it should not take four discs to fit a game. I'm not saying that it being four discs makes the game bad, but it can be an inconvenience.

I'll take the case!!!

Its definitely an inconvenience to blue ray lovin early adopters that swear by it, the rest of the mass market, they dont really care.

When will everyone stop tossing a "J" on RPGs? When games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7, Legend of Dragoon, etc came out, nobody said "This is the best JAYrpg ever", they simply called it an RPG. It should be undertsood that RPGs are Japanese, however, calling a game a WRPG (Western) is different as Westerners try and make RPGs of their own. But still, when it comes to Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests.....leave the "J" out, because those same games weren't called "JRPGs" 10 years earlier.

Oh how I miss the days of yore........

/silly rant over

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

outlawauron said:
This game is on my list, but Im cautious about it. Reviews and some trusted peoples impressions are going to help decide.

Man, RPG for this next generation have been a HUGE dissapointment!!

In my humbled opinion its been Jrpg's that have been a big dissapointment this gen. Oblivion and Mass Effect= awesome next gen Rpg's.