By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN puts down Lost Odyssey, but Kotaku points out...

The users impressions are nearly always positive .Look at the users opinions on Lair is some websites or in amazon ,they just love it so there you have it .

People are less exigent that proffesional reviewers too ,and a game above 7 will be surely enjoyed by lots of people while a reviewer may throw it to the pits of hell just after playing 3-4 hours of it .Fortunately ,because if users were so exigent with games as reviewers there would be an awful lot of frustration around .

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
The game is on 4 DVD's... Thats a bit much is it not? Looks like having a Blu-ray drive in the PS3 is seeming to be more and more of a good idea!

its like the PS1 era all over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Considering the US version has another 3 months before release im sure they can work on a few of the issues considering everything is done except the translation to english. Also the voice acting is superb and thats a huge deal with JRPGS

though seriously my faith in Review sites has been lost. IGN has even lost my respect by placing many games to low or too high.

Ill wait for game informer and gametrailers.

Also you cannot judge a jrpg by its begining and all of you should know that, a jrpg main strength is its story and if the story comes out to be great expect a good game. We all know FF wouldnt be where it is today without its strong story

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Squall_Leonhart said:
The game is on 4 DVD's... Thats a bit much is it not? Looks like having a Blu-ray drive in the PS3 is seeming to be more and more of a good idea!

So more DVD's = worse gameplay ?

Also how many of the people here played mass effect? ive played it and if the flaws or only half as bad as mass effect then it will be a solid game. Seriously the flaws in mass effect did not hurt the game unless your a graphic whore or something

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
Also how many of the people here played mass effect? ive played it and if the flaws or only half as bad as mass effect then it will be a solid game. Seriously the flaws in mass effect did not hurt the game unless your a graphic whore or something

Your right ME did have those same problems and the game had great reviews so I don't see how this is a big deal.

I'll take the case!!!

I hate it when a game is hyped to the dead and it finaly results to be an avarage RPG.

I had already the impressions from the gameplay videos that this would be a PS2 game with HD-graphics. Not that that is a bad thing, because you could practicly say the same about Eternal Sonata, and I would give it a 88-89 or so.

Stuff doesn't get fixed between the American and Japanese releases of a game. It never does. Don't expect it too, and don't expect reviews to completely turn around their opinions of this game.

Again, I'm not saying it's a bad game, but if you expect this to have review averages in the 9s you are setting yourself up for disappointment. That doesn't mean it won't be a great game, but it clearly has issues past just the technical complaints.  I've enjoyed a lot of games that didn't get glowing reviews myself (especially on the DS).  So don't worry about reviewer reactions too much.

unyieldinghierophant said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

So more DVD's = worse gameplay ?

Did i say that in my post... NO!

Damn some people are defensive lol

I give little credence to reviews and impressions of JRPGs by the western reviewers. They tend to complain about things that are not only inconsequential but a part of the JRPG genre.