By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - 04th September

mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:

Before anyone should knock Metroid, play the game first. I think that its a great game and one of the most cinematic games nintendo has put out, bar none.

2 hours of this overwrought emo cry baby is all i could take. 
You realize Samus is a bad ass in the other games

How can a character who acts like this cry baby be in a outfit like this?

She would never make it out of training

Yes she is a badass in the other games. Thats the problem you only played a couple of hours and you have no idea how the story unfolds.

Yes I  do a story a conspiracy plot used 1000's of times

No imagination, how can this baby coexist in this game she doesn't even belong in it

You clearly haven't played the game (if at all) past the main sector, have you?

My advice? Continue playing and you'll find very few cutscenes, just enough to pad out the plot whilst not geting in the way. Your comments seem to be from reviews, so I bet you don't know about all the upgrades, the great controls, the awesome level design...

The story adds to the experience, it doesn't deminish it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I expect the 360 to be back on top next week when Reach releases,but, great for Wii.

Ahh system hierarchy has been re-established, but it sucks that Metroid: Other M only did moderatly well in the American Market.

I bet the 360 will rise over the Wii again, and for a short period of time over the DS. Wii is getting its boost from a small Metroid: Other M console boost, and that discount at target on all old model Wii's (Wii's without Wii Sports resorts). Soon 360 will prosper from a 100k Halo boost.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think when Wii party and then DKC are released the wii will be comfortably ahead of the ps3 and and just above the 360

DKC saved the SNES from finishing second

And wii party is close to a million in Japan it will explode in US and they both will move consoles

Thank god nintendo wizened up and developed games that will actually move some wii's  

What is the cause of the massive Wii surge the last 2 weeks?

Around the Network

nice wii and x360 sales, ps3 is doing very well considering the time of the year and wll be under last year's sales as it was ps3 slim week and we all expected this to happen

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Conegamer said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:

Before anyone should knock Metroid, play the game first. I think that its a great game and one of the most cinematic games nintendo has put out, bar none.

Yes she is a badass in the other games. Thats the problem you only played a couple of hours and you have no idea how the story unfolds.

No imagination, how can this baby coexist in this game she doesn't even belong in it

My advice? Continue playing and you'll find very few cutscenes, just enough to pad out the plot whilst not geting in the way. Your comments seem to be from reviews, so I bet you don't know about all the upgrades, the great controls, the awesome level design...

Sorry for this but this is how I feel about it  This is from another thread

I can't find the scene in aliens so i will try to explain

This is a contrast to the real Samus and the fake one in MoM

There is scene in Aliens where the marines first enter the alien nest and are hit with a surprise attack

And ripley is with the commander in an armored tank 

When the attack happens the commander(MoM) freezes and people die

Ripley "every other samus in metriod" takes control and rams the nest and gets them out

I want the ripley Samus not the freaking out commander samus who lets people die

Which one would you rather play?

mhsillen said:
Conegamer said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:

There is scene in Aliens where the marines first enter the alien nest and are hit with a surprise attack

Ripley "every other samus in metriod" takes control and rams the nest and gets them out

I want the ripley Samus not the freaking out commander samus who lets people die

I don't mind, to be fair. I enjoy the original and Prime games, yes. 

But I enjoy Other M nearly as much for being diferent-daring to be new. I can only recall one area when she freaks out

***SPOILERS***

When she fights Ridley, which is quite understandable, to say he was suposed to have been blown up :/

***SPOILERS***

I understand the divide in the fan base, but comparing the two different sorts of Samus' in different situations isn't giving the game justice I'm afraid

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

nightsurge said:

What is the cause of the massive Wii surge the last 2 weeks?

The deal at Target. Look at the differential between Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort in Americas. They're selling the old Wii SKU with just the Wii and WS for $150. I'd assume the bump is at least partially because of Other M as well. And in EMEAA it's because there's a bank holiday in the UK.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Conegamer said:
mhsillen said:
Conegamer said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:
mhsillen said:
GianCarmen said:

I don't mind, to be fair. I enjoy the original and Prime games, yes. 

But I enjoy Other M nearly as much for being diferent-daring to be new. I can only recall one area when she freaks out

***SPOILERS***

When she fights Ridley, which is quite understandable, to say he was suposed to have been blown up :/

***SPOILERS***

I understand the divide in the fan base, but comparing the two different sorts of Samus' in different situations isn't giving the game justice I'm afraid

I think it does do justice.  The writing MoM is bad,sorry maybe it's because I'm 50 and have experienced alot of movies books and games.  This story voice acting and script are bad. If we had to have a new Samus why is it this.  She is not compelling. 

The way she is portrayed does not fit samus but a completely different character

THis samus could not be counted on in military endeavors,

Does anybody here feel like this?  Just me  Does any body equate samus to ripley?