By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - 04th September

yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Need for Speed: Shift (X360)
Electronic Arts
51 12,502 1,514,253

anyone know why?

Because more new people are buying the 360 slims and certain games get an increase because of that.

OT: So I guess Wii domination is back eh?

Thats why the god awful MW2 is still in the top 10 NPD.

Around the Network

At least the ps3 fans dont QQ when 360 sells more, on this site. On IGN their going crazy QQing and bitching about it so much. They think WW ps3 is destroying 360 (LAWLZ), when I tell them to come to Vgchartz they keep putting this site down saying it inaccurate and BS.

IGN community= fail

Vgchartz= Smartz!

Nice to see some nice numbers for Metroid in America.

I didn't expect Wii to rise that much, even outselling the 360 (by a measly 3k).

I wonder how next week will be like. (both Wii and Metroid)

Jadedx said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Need for Speed: Shift (X360)
Electronic Arts
51 12,502 1,514,253

anyone know why?

Because more new people are buying the 360 slims and certain games get an increase because of that.

OT: So I guess Wii domination is back eh?

Thats why the god awful MW2 is still in the top 10 NPD.

Unfortunately yes.

Good numbers all around.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
thx1139 said:

I expect that week end 9/11 will have 360 move back out in front of the Wii.  Metroid Other M small bump will be done. Also expect Metroid Other M to drop big time. Reviews were just OK and that word will get out.  If not week of 9/11 then week ending 9/18 with Reach release.  Then expect 360 to be ahead of the Wii into November when the test of Kinect taking business away from Wii will be tested.

Looks like week of Reach release is when 360 will overtake PS3 YTD number.  Right now about 350K behind. That should get cut 200-250K week of 9/11 and then 9/18 is Reach release.

Really? How exactly will 360 outsell PS3 by 100k-150k next week? It was only ahead 40k this week. And next week should see a relatively sharp drop in EMEAA since sales were inflated this week because of the bank holiday in the UK. PS3 barely got any bump from the holiday, I would guess because most people are waiting for the 320 and 160 gig models. The 320 gig model launches the week after next bundled with Move so I would expect a pretty sizable bump in EMEAA that week, it might even be close to flat YOY in that region that week. So I wouldn't expect too huge of a victory for 360 that week.

My bad on the 360 and PS3 YTD. Confused YOY change for PS3. It will take more like 6 weeks.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Wii got back its 1st place relatively easily, with a not particularly impressive game launch and some small offers, this tells us that with well timed releases to keep momentum after Xmas 2010 and 2011, Nintendo will be able to wait until Q3 2012 or even later before releasing Wii2.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

buzzard said:

Wii at top like it should be, too bad about Other M though, hyper bomba.

How badly are things when getting the top sales slot is equated with bombing big time (hyper bomba?)?

The Wii was never dead like I have been saying since it was only doing 143K that one week. I actually do expect Wii to be #3 for a week or 2 in September since Move and Reach are coming out soon and the Wii deals will be over...but come October and big games start coming out I expect the Wii to be #1 again for the rest of the year.(1st or 2nd week of October is when it should start) With big games like Wii Party, K.E.Y, and D.K.C.R(and big 3rd party games like Golden Eye, Epic Mickey, and Just Dance 2) the Wii should be #1 this Holiday no problem.

Also Nintendo still has their conference on 9-29 and so Nintendo still hasn't told as all of what they are planning yet...If a Price cut happens Wii sales will explode since it only had the deal  in 1 store imagine if it was official everywhere in America...or Others...or both. I say a price cut is about 50/50 but I have a feeling that the V.S will be out in at least America by years end...if its like Wii Fit I don't have to explain but if its like Wii Speak I still don't have to explain...it could go either way.

*Sound Of Rain said:

The Wii was never dead like I have been saying since it was only doing 143K that one week. I actually do expect Wii to be #3 for a week or 2 in September since Move and Reach are coming out soon and the Wii deals will be over...but come October and big games start coming out I expect the Wii to be #1 again for the rest of the year.(1st or 2nd week of October is when it should start) With big games like Wii Party, K.E.Y, and D.K.C.R(and big 3rd party games like Golden Eye, Epic Mickey, and Just Dance 2) the Wii should be #1 this Holiday no problem.

Also Nintendo still has their conference on 9-29 and so Nintendo still hasn't told as all of what they are planning yet...If a Price cut happens Wii sales will explode since it only had the deal  in 1 store imagine if it was official everywhere in America...or Others...or both. I say a price cut is about 50/50 but I have a feeling that the V.S will be out in at least America by years end...if its like Wii Fit I don't have to explain but if its like Wii Speak I still don't have to explain...it could go either way.

plus uDraw is making an appearance with a few nice looking games.  All the 3rd party titles should be million sellers, especially goldeneye 007, COD ops, Epic mickey and just dance 2.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d