By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - 04th September

GianCarmen said:

It was only one day for Metroid in Europe, lets wait and see how it does in the coming week.

Maybe over 50,000 next time? I see it being a million seller in the holidays.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Oh and Wii party slowly getting to that 1M mark, let's party.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Alby_da_Wolf said:

LOL, I didn't notice before that Metroid sales in America make it first there and WW and Malstrom a sad panda.   

I guess if you drop your standard of what constitutes  great sales then yes it was modest

I think the game will have short legs and be lucky to hit 700.000. Nintendo is stupid to make games for a minority of gamers and stick it to the longtime fans 

360 still doing solid and PS3 is hanging decent after..

Metriod Other M did in NA like Ninja Gaiden II (Only 360) did first week. Around 200k. Others number is very dissapointing, very weak.

Expected a lot more becuase of the name Metroid. I wonder what Tecmo toughts are about this opening. Maybe great legs can make it around 1M.. Dont know.

Before anyone should knock Metroid, play the game first. I think that its a great game and one of the most cinematic games nintendo has put out, bar none.

Around the Network

I think Metroid will have good legs, after all it's still being advertised and there aren't many new great Wii games in the West. Should do 150k next week (90-30-30).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

mhsillen said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

LOL, I didn't notice before that Metroid sales in America make it first there and WW and Malstrom a sad panda.   

I guess if you drop your standard of what constitutes  great sales then yes it was modest

I think the game will have short legs and be lucky to hit 700.000. Nintendo is stupid to make games for a minority of gamers and stick it to the longtime fans 

It was a slow week for every HW except Wii and also for SW overall, so sales of any title should be put in this context to be judged. Anyhow I won't judge the game, unless I play it first, not likely as I agree with Malstrom hating games on rails, but nevertheless I couldn't resist the temptation of digging at Malstrom himself!    It's stronger than me, I must be possessed!!!  =:-O   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Barozi said:
Conegamer said:
Jordahn said:
buzzard said:

Wii at top like it should be, too bad about Other M though, hyper bomba.

Ditto, and gotta keep pushing the Metroid love.

How is 270,000ish bad for a launch? 

It certainly isn't "hyper bomba"-it's more than 100,000 ahead of the next game (which bizarely is Wii sports...)

no not hyper bomba but certainly below expectations: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112078&page=1

Anyway blame us Europeans for not buying the game.

Yeah, i just saw that.

It was all our UK citizens fault! All that advertising, and for what!

(Don't blame me-I bought it day 1)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

GianCarmen said:

Before anyone should knock Metroid, play the game first. I think that its a great game and one of the most cinematic games nintendo has put out, bar none.

Exactly

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

GianCarmen said:

2 hours of this overwrought emo cry baby is all i could take. 
You realize Samus is a bad ass in the other games

How can a character who acts like this cry baby be in a outfit like this?

She would never make it out of training