By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100912/ts_nm/us_usa_muslims

They don't know that book burning was cancelled.  "Death to America!!!" 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:

No. Here is my argument.

There are a group of people who follow Islam that are bad. Not all, but some. This center starts to get talked about, and you have some people on one side saying wait a minute, this thing could be being built by the small part of Islam that is bad. The other side is saying that part of Islam doesn't even exist. your making it all up in your head. There is no such thing as radical Islam.

This guy says "oh really? Well, let's see if that's true".

Look I know not everyone makes a fetish out of 9/11. 

But I think we all know it happened.  And I think we all know that the perpretrators were in fact Muslim and claiming that they acted in the name of Allah or whatever. 

Who do you know who denies any of that? 

The federal government. We have removed radical Islam as a term from our homeland defense strategy. Eric Holder couldn't even say or equate what happened at Fort Hood to radical Islam. He was unwilling to do so.

They are taking these acts as nothing more then independent crazy people with no ties whatsoever. To protect the 95% of Muslims that are good people, they allow the other 5 percent to act in an organized, connected, and well funded manner while telling us that's not going on.

Find a better way to protect Islam, without telling us there are no problems with the fringe of that religion.

TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
No. Here is my argument.

There are a group of people who follow Islam that are bad. Not all, but some. This center starts to get talked about, and you have some people on one side saying wait a minute, this thing could be being built by the small part of Islam that is bad. The other side is saying that part of Islam doesn't even exist. your making it all up in your head. There is no such thing as radical Islam.

But I think we all know it happened.  And I think we all know that the perpretrators were in fact Muslim and claiming that they acted in the name of Allah or whatever. 

The federal government. We have removed radical Islam as a term from our homeland defense strategy. Eric Holder couldn't even say or equate what happened at Fort Hood to radical Islam. He was unwilling to do so.

They are taking these acts as nothing more then independent crazy people with no ties whatsoever. To protect the 95% of Muslims that are good people, they allow the other 5 percent to act in an organized, connected, and well funded manner while telling us that's not going on.

Find a better way to protect Islam, without telling us there are no problems with the fringe of that religion.

You just told me the government denies that the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 were prepretrated by Muslims claiming they followed the will of Allah. 

I think you may be getting worked up over a difference in vocabulary.  Perhaps the government feels that the term "radical Islam" as many people use it has implications that they don't want to be making. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Tigerlure said:
sapphi_snake said:
TheRealMafoo said:

The problem is, the same people who made death threats, want to kill us anyway. Before this man threatened to burn book, they had been left alone by the media. Now we are talking about them again.

In my eyes, the most dangerous thing we can do as a country, is forget they exist. he did a good job of making sure that doesn't happen.

I'm curious, is the existence of these terrorist groups dependent on how many times it's mentioned by the media? If the media doesn't mention every single day that terrorists exist (and they wanna destroy the West etc.), do the people forget they exist, or think they disappeared and are no longer a threat?

If the answer's "yes", then the problem lies with society, not the media.

I find his answer curious. It sounds like he thinks burning the Quran would have been a good thing because of the publicity. I hope that's not the case.

It's like burning a building down so that people remember that buildings can burn down. We're all aware of it, but why provoke it?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
No. Here is my argument.

You just told me the government denies that the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 were prepretrated by Muslims claiming they followed the will of Allah. 

I think you may be getting worked up over a difference in vocabulary.  Perhaps the government feels that the term "radical Islam" as many people use it has implications that they don't want to be making. 

No. I am saying people want us to think it was a disconnected group of crazies who don't have the same drive and determination as thousands of other Muslims. That there is some other reason they did it... there mother didn't love them enough, or it's just retaliation for a past war. They will not say it's because when you radicalize that religion, people conduct themselves worse then when you radicalize other religions.

A radical Christian threatened to burn some books. A radical Muslim shot people at Fort Hood.

If you asked Obama:

"Is Radical Islam one of the factors responsible for 9/11?", you will get a long answer, and it won't equate to "Yes".

Around the Network

Do we even know for sure that 9/11 was comitted by muslims??? There are lots of theories that prove it was an inside job

TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
No. Here is my argument.

No. I am saying people want us to think it was a disconnected group of crazies who don't have the same drive and determination as thousands of other Muslims. That there is some other reason they did it... there mother didn't love them enough, or it's just retaliation for a past war. They will not say it's because when you radicalize that religion, people conduct themselves worse then when you radicalize other religions.

A radical Christian threatened to burn some books. A radical Muslim shot people at Fort Hood.
If you asked Obama:
"Is Radical Islam one of the factors responsible for 9/11?", you will get a long answer, and it won't equate to "Yes".

But see there you go, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.  The Muslims going apeshit over the Koran bonfire are NOT all connected to terrorists.  It's not a coherent group or even necessarily shared philosophy like talking about "Radical Islam" may imply.  (Thus, the pastor's actions stirred up people without any known relation to the ones you think he's trying to alert us to.  Unless you want him to "alert" us to them by provoking actual attacks from the ones who ARE terrorists.) 

I mean, if I ask "is Radical Christianity one of the factors for abortion bombings", I think people would know that it doesn't follow that all the fundamentalists who get worked up about abortion can be associated with that.  I'm not so sure when people talk about "Radical Islam". 

Also, I just noticed the bolded.  Just because in this time period Islam has a worse problem with this doesn't mean the religion is inherently more susceptible to violent extremist thought, or capable of worse extremism than others.  I mean, sure, Christianity looks good for religious tolerance now, but go back a hundred years and it doesn't look so good; go back 300 and they're at each others' throats and standing on everyone else's necks; go back 700-1000 and Muslim nations are the more diverse & tolerant ones, I believe. 

Probably the only reason Crusaders didn't use suicide bombs is lack of technology.  I mean, yes Christianity forbids suicide, but really your death is just a side effect of using the bomb to kill other people.  Feel free to correct me, but I doubt Christian theologians reckon Samson went straight to hell for committing suicide when he brought the building down on top of himself. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

pizzahut451 said:
Do we even know for sure that 9/11 was comitted by muslims??? There are lots of theories that prove it was an inside job

by CIA Muslims

Final-Fan said:
pizzahut451 said:

by CIA Muslims

by space aliens who beamed out just before the plane hit?

Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Final-Fan said:
TheRealMafoo said:
No. Here is my argument.

If you asked Obama:

But see there you go, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.  The Muslims going apeshit over the Koran bonfire are NOT all connected to terrorists.  It's not a coherent group or even necessarily shared philosophy like talking about "Radical Islam" may imply. 

Yes it is. There are many many radical Muslims connected to one another though organized religions institutions. 

What do you think Al-Qaeda is?