By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 Prototype Image Leaked

Yep, that image above is the very first leaked image of the PSP2. Although it's not the final version, and merely a prototype, it gives you a good idea as to what it's going to look like when the final product hits the market.
It's also worth noting, my contact at Sony's Research and Development claims that the PSP name is going to be dropped completely from the device and instead naming it the PlayView.
Now, before you cry blasphemy, Sony did indeed trademark the name PlayView prior to E3 2010. I've been told the reasoning behind the name PlayView, is because the device doubles as a E-Reader.
Last but not least, I've been told that the prototype is currently running Android Froyo 2.2, but is said to launch with Honeycomb. The next Android update is said to be called Gingerbread, so this leads me to believe that since Honeycomb wont be released for quite some time, that the PSP2 aka PlayView is still quite a ways off from being released.
Our contact is going to send along additional information later, as well as a video of the device running both Android, and a scheduled launch title called God of War: Atlus' Burden.
Doesn't look very portable

Around the Network

Interesting anyway! Seriously doesn't look very portable, and looks like an iPad with PS at the top and Sony at the bottom lol (which is by no means a bad thing)

Yeah it looks like an Ipad indeed.  Like Squall_Leonhart said, it's not a bad thing.  However, depending on the price, someone might justify buying an Ipad instead since it does more ( I would think).

tough screen controls are a no go imo

It looks ... alright. I've always imagined the PSP2 to have the same design as the PSP except it had another analog.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I wonder if it's going to be touchscreen only, I'd hope to see more input options than that...

nice... sony hasn't announced a tablet yet did they?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I think this is just an all in one ebook reader and not the PSP's successor.  An ipad competitor and a replacement for their current ebooks... atleast I pray what this is cause I ain't buying if it is PSP's successor.

Yikes, how much will that cost? Looks like an iPad. Also, touch controls only? Seems like this is mostly a multimedia device with the ability to play games. If so, I'm gonna call this a computer instead of a portable gaming console. :P MIght as well be a laptop. Also, no 3D?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Please, no! I hate touchscreen controls. I'm not liking what I see... :(