By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Headset For Call Of Duty: Black Ops Wii

LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
uno said:

@ crazybone

Dont try and argue with Lord. He knows everything and you are always wrong. According to him Conduit 2 will outsell BOwii.

Quantum of Solace Wii had Splitscreen and it sold ......oh .....oh yeah.

Being in the gaming media, I witness mean and rude people daily. All of those mean and rude people are mostly at Activision. Thanks for the heads up about Lord, Uno. Much appreciated. 

I didn't claim Coinduit 2 would outsell this game. The game still has to be good first.

And I'm not going "I'm always right", nor am I against Activision. While I don't agree with things they did, I find they are one of the smarter companies this generation, especially with keeping budgets and development in line.

Plus I presented a valid question. Has there been a poll of customers to determine if splitscreen was a selling factor or not? Considering the money for these games, finding out it is, but neglecting it, will cost in the long run. If it isn't, okay, but it has to be properly determined or not. And this is statistics, which is important to business.

I completely understanding what you're saying, it's just you're wanting this on a console that can hardly handle it. Every game that has had splitscreen on the Wii was complete crap. Quantum of Solace, Red Steel, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, and many others. The Wii just can't handle splitscreen. If it has splitscreen, usually the game has almost no interesting features, the graphics are ugly, and the framerate sucks. Do you really want splitscreen that bad? I'd much rather trade a game with good performance than a game with splitscreen. If you can get both (A la Conduit 2/Goldeneye), then good for you.  By the way, I edited my post that you quoted above. 

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
uno said:

@ crazybone

Dont try and argue with Lord. He knows everything and you are always wrong. According to him Conduit 2 will outsell BOwii.

Being in the gaming media, I witness mean and rude people daily. All of those mean and rude people are mostly at Activision. Thanks for the heads up about Lord, Uno. Much appreciated. 

I didn't claim Coinduit 2 would outsell this game. The game still has to be good first.

And I'm not going "I'm always right", nor am I against Activision. While I don't agree with things they did, I find they are one of the smarter companies this generation, especially with keeping budgets and development in line.

Plus I presented a valid question. Has there been a poll of customers to determine if splitscreen was a selling factor or not? Considering the money for these games, finding out it is, but neglecting it, will cost in the long run. If it isn't, okay, but it has to be properly determined or not. And this is statistics, which is important to business.

I completely understanding what you're saying, it's just you're wanting this on a console that can hardly handle it. Every game that has had splitscreen on the Wii was complete crap. Quantum of Solace, Red Steel, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, and many others. The Wii just can't handle splitscreen. If it has splitscreen, usually the game has almost no interesting features, the graphics are ugly, and the framerate sucks. Do you really want splitscreen that bad? I'd much rather trade a game with good performance than a game with splitscreen. If you can get both (A la Conduit 2/Goldeneye), then good for you.  By the way, I edited my post that you quoted above. 

Okay, that justification really is graphics whoring. Those games weren't bad because the Wii magically made them so. The games weren't that good on their own.

I bought lack of split screen from the assumption they just couldn't get it out of the engine, but if they are thinking the same thing you wrote, they really have lost sight of what makes the CoD games great.

It's similar to why Chinatown Wars didn't tear up the charts. Rockstar (even if it was Leeds, not North) forgot it was running around a city causing mayhem that made the series awesome. Ads with a bunch of comic book art, and almost no gameplay, would have make even San Andreas sell badly.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
uno said:

@ crazybone

Okay, that justification really is graphics whoring. Those games weren't bad because the Wii magically made them so. The games weren't that good on their own.

I bought lack of split screen from the assumption they just couldn't get it out of the engine, but if they are thinking the same thing you wrote, they really have lost sight of what makes the CoD games great.

It's similar to why Chinatown Wars didn't tear up the charts. Rockstar (even if it was Leeds, not North) forgot it was running around a city causing mayhem that made the series awesome. Ads with a bunch of comic book art, and almost no gameplay, would have make even San Andreas sell badly.

You're missing the point. Would you want a buggy almost unplayable game, or do you want a game without splitscreen that ran great and had all these cool features that the other consoles have ? Please tell me you choose the latter. Because the games with splitscreen run like crap. Red Steel cough, Quantum of Solace cough, Medal of Honor: Vanguard cough. You are wrong, face the fact like a man. You're seeing and provoking an argument that isn't even an argument, it's the 100% truth. Only idiots argue the 100% truth. I'm done with you, and please refrain from commenting on anything I post. I feel as if you make everyone's IQ drop a few levels. 

Crazybone126 said:

You're missing the point. Would you want a buggy almost unplayable game, or do you want a game without splitscreen that ran great and had all these cool features that the other consoles have ? Please tell me you choose the latter. Because the games with splitscreen run like crap. Red Steel cough, Quantum of Solace cough, Medal of Honor: Vanguard cough. You are wrong, face the fact like a man. You're seeing and provoking an argument that isn't even an argument, it's the 100% truth. Only idiots argue the 100% truth. I'm done with you, and please refrain from commenting on anything I post. I feel as if you make everyone's IQ drop a few levels. 

How did the Wii make that happen, and not just that they weren't made that well, even in single player? Again, you're using the correlation=causation fallacy. Just because they happened to be on the Wii does not mean that being on the Wii made them not work.

Plus if Goldeney and Conduit 2 run well with splitscreen, your argument will really fall flat.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:

How did the Wii make that happen, and not just that they weren't made that well, even in single player? Again, you're using the correlation=causation fallacy. Just because they happened to be on the Wii does not mean that being on the Wii made them not work.

Plus if Goldeney and Conduit 2 run well with splitscreen, your argument will really fall flat.

No it won't, because I never said that they wouldn't. It should run just fine for both games. Mostly because the environments aren't as vast as Call of Duty, nor will you be rendering 15 people on the screen at the same time. Nor will you have so much going on on-screen you wouldn't know what to do. Conduit 2 and Goldeneye are fairly straightforward games. You'll be able to do quite a bit with what they are working with. 

If there are any others here reading this "argument" by LordoftheNightKnight, you have my permission to hop in here. I don't really see how this is much of an argument when really it's 100% fact and any Wii developer would tell you this. In fact, many already have but everyone decides to say "NO, THEY ARE LAZY DEVELOPERS WHO SUCK!"

Around the Network
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:

No it won't, because I never said that they wouldn't. It should run just fine for both games. Mostly because the environments aren't as vast as Call of Duty, nor will you be rendering 15 people on the screen at the same time. Nor will you have so much going on on-screen you wouldn't know what to do. Conduit 2 and Goldeneye are fairly straightforward games. You'll be able to do quite a bit with what they are working with. 

If there are any others here reading this "argument" by LordoftheNightKnight, you have my permission to hop in here. I don't really see how this is much of an argument when really it's 100% fact and any Wii developer would tell you this. In fact, many already have but everyone decides to say "NO, THEY ARE LAZY DEVELOPERS WHO SUCK!"

I'm not using "lazy" as my argument. I actually that a lot of Wii games have more effort put into them than many think.

My argument here is skewed priorities. We've seen even more vast environments on the PS2, and even Chop Till You Drop had about as many enemies, in enviroments that, while not vast, were quite varied.

But they did come at a cost of graphics, so my issues is that it's apparently putting the graphics and the bells and whistles to go with the scale of the game, ahead of the split screen.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:

I'm not using "lazy" as my argument. I actually that a lot of Wii games have more effort put into them than many think.

My argument here is skewed priorities. We've seen even more vast environments on the PS2, and even Chop Till You Drop had about as many enemies, in enviroments that, while not vast, were quite varied.

But they did come at a cost of graphics, so my issues is that it's apparently putting the graphics and the bells and whistles to go with the scale of the game, ahead of the split screen.

You see, this entire time we were in agreement. Just don't be so serious. It's just video games and that's coming from a person who has a profession in video gaming.

Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:

You see, this entire time we were in agreement. Just don't be so serious. It's just video games and that's coming from a person who has a profession in video gaming.

No we aren't, since I say the graphics should be reduced if they are what is preventing split screen. So the vocal minority will complain. F- them, since they largely want the Wii to fail. Perhaps Treyarch would care, but again, that's skewed priorities.

Perhaps there is something other than graphics. But I hope it's something like loads of explosions that the CPU has to handle over the splitscreen, even if they looked like Goldeneye on the N64, not just that we need to render all the dirt flying around.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Crazybone126 said:

Lord ..Chop till you drop had use a different engine than the 360 because couldn't fit on the wii without having to sacrifice too many things( it uses the resident evil 4 engine by  way) and now your asking a straight port of a engine made for HD systems based on their architecture to have mutiplayer split screen on the wii.... I think you asking for the impossible in this situation without sacrificing other equally as important things like frame rates, draw distances ,enemy AI and level size... all these things will take hit from split screen  because there is no way the wii architecture can handle that if the engine was not design for the wii itself

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

At the very least, there could have been maps made that would have been made to support split screen. Then we could have either online with full screen, or offline with split screen. Then all that would be lost would be split screen co-op. Then not even detail would have to be lost, as the maps for split screen would be made to accomodate them.

How could that have been left out as a possibility? Having some exclusive maps wouild have helped make up for split screen being limited to them.