By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New CNET Prizefight 360S vs PS3 Slim (Closest in CNET Hitsory!)

Around the Network

Fairly good video. The last round was all I would disagree with. For me atleast, I would never use a blu ray player, I mean never in my life will I own one unless they replace dvd drives on computers. I get all of my movies through dlc or streaming, I don't watch DVD either. Same can be said for 3d, I probably will not get a 3d tv untill they can do no glasses, which probably will not come around until after the ps3's life. Other than that cnet did an excellent job.

Damn.  Video borked out during last round.  Final score anyone?  Can't be bothered re-playing.

Seemed sensible up to that point.  I'd have made them equal on design - I don't think they deducted nearly enough for the still terrible power brick on the 360 plus the lack of slot drive - and I'd have nudged the PS3 online element up a bit.

But for the most part it seemed pretty sensible so I'm curious what the final score was.  But, as I admit, not that curious to wait for a re-load.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

it was .01 in ps3's favor, they went to they .01 decimal place to break the tie they had

I stopped at round 4, as expected its a horrid video. I dont care if Sony won the overall thing. They failed to mention that Sony does have some Facebook functionality, Home has greatly improved versus release, PS1 backwards compatibility still exists in the Slim, why the freak did they review the 160GB PS3S when there is an 250GB model, how about the ability to actually back up your console on an external HDD, they missed a ton of great PSN titles apparently as well as the odd-ball demoscenes that make the PSN unique, etc. As expected from CNET; a horrid, poorly put together video as always.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

the games round have some thin reasons for the tie!

@thranks - Blu Ray is there... it does not matter if you want it or use it... the value is there so they must give the points for it! your personal opinion and experience is irrelevant.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

The points difference is so minimal that it doesn't really matter anymore.

I would prefer it if they did a comparison between Wii/360 or Wii/PS3... Or even all 3.

nice

sergiodaly said:

@thranks - Blu Ray is there... it does not matter if you want it or use it... the value is there so they must give the points for it! your personal opinion and experience is irrelevant.

Just cause its theree does not mean it has value to gamers. For people who bought it to play games all it has done is increase price, not the value. It is not irrelevant, as it could be this way for many consumers. And it is especially relevant as this whole video was based off of three people opinion, not facts or anything like that, but opinion.

thranx said:
sergiodaly said:

Just cause its theree does not mean it has value to gamers. For people who bought it to play games all it has done is increase price, not the value. It is not irrelevant, as it could be this way for many consumers. And it is especially relevant as this whole video was based off of three people opinion, not facts or anything like that, but opinion.

well i see it the other way around... the only fact is that is there and gives the machine more value (GT5 fans will back me up on this for sure), if you like or dislike, that is opinion! and value is about real thing available to us... but lets not get into a fight about it... like you say in your first post "for me at least" you don't see the value and i get that you are free to have opinions but the only thing i was pointing out is that personal opinions and experiences aren't relevant in the matter, that,  you have one and i other...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4