By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console this generation will be home for 90% of the markets RPG's?

Let's take a look at history...

Sega Master/ NES

Winner =  NES

Genesis/ SNES  

Winner =  SNES

PS/ N64

Winner =  PS

Xbox/PS2/GC 

Winner =  PS2

360/PS3/Wii

Winner =  ????

So what do you guys think will be the system this generation that gets 90% of the all the markets RPG's? The DS has been tearing it up on the handheld side.

我是广州人

Around the Network

I actually thought the PSP was the RPG system of choice for me thus far :P I have so many rpg's to finish, and so many more to buy :(

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

So far nothing comes close to the 360's killer RPG line-up in both the JRPG and WRPG genres. Doesn't look like much will change next year either.

The only time the tide may turn is 2009 when FFXIII comes out. But even then if your talking about a quantity of quality games, the 360 may still have more the way Mistwalker are pumping them out. I'd expect Blue Dragon 2 around that time.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

To early to really tell.  We'll be in a better position to answer this next year.

The Wii will soon be getting a lot of RPGs which may or may not be indicative of the future.  Until some of the bigger more established franchises (other than Tales) start hitting the Wii, it'll continue to look like a shootout into the foreseeable future.

the xbox 360 has untill now the best : the elder scrolls 4 oblivion

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I think it won't be a 90%, more like a 50% Wii, 30% PS3 and 20% X360.

Maybe the 360....Just look his library...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Lol@ 20% to Xbox 360.

It'd have to be quite a turn-around from RPG leader to getting absolutely face-planted to that extent. I do think the Wii will eventually pip the 360 in this genre, but not by that much. As for the PS3's RPG line-up at this point in time.....lol.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kirby007 said:
the xbox 360 has untill now the best : the elder scrolls 4 oblivion

Well its on the PS3 as well, so you cant really call it just the 360's.

The PS3 doesnt have many at the moment, Folklore being the only exclusive RPG I can think of. White Knight Story will be out next year though which looks very good, and FFXIII is a late 2008/early 2009 entry as well.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

The PSP has been spanking the DS in the RPG area lately. What are you talking about?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.