By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console this generation will be home for 90% of the markets RPG's?

RolStoppable said:
Ashadelo said:
What do you think the chances of FFV and FFVI being remade for the DS are?

Very unlikely. Square-Enix isn't known for constantly rehashing and remaking their old games.

Thanks Rol, I got the biggest laugh out of that. Square not constantly rehashing and remaking their old games, I'll be cracking up about that all day.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
Well so far it's looking like 360. Wii has some big names but they're all spinoffs which usually don't get the same budget as the main titles. PS3 could catch 360 but I doubt it.

Wii doesn't really have that many spinoffs.  ToS:KoR and Dragon Quest Swords.  FFCC has become it's own franchise separate from FF.   Overall the 360 definitely wins in WRPGs.  Wii has more JRPGs, and the PS3 is somewhere in the middle on both.  You could say the PS3 is the most well rounded of the 3.  It also has arguably the biggest of the RPGS: FFXIII and its spinoffs.

The Wii is continuing major  JRPG series from the Gamecube (Baten Kaitos, ToS, FFCC) and has some interesting new IPs like King's Story and Fragile.  Right now it's list is basically living on "potential."  It also of course has the major SRPG game Fire Emblem.

Naz, ToS:KoR is not a spin-off. It's the sequel to ToS.

I think if MH3, Fragile, ToS and FFCC sell well Wii will definitely be the home of most RPG's. These are from Capcom, Namco and Square, the main providers of RPG's. Futhermore Nintendo owns Monolith, Retro once started an RPG called Raven Blade and Camelot wants to make a Wii RPG as well.

Benefit is that RPG are more about story than graphics. ToS wasn't the most pretty game, but it was amazing, better then most Final Fantasy's.

I'd more like to know which good RPGs are planned for the next time. I mean Fallout3 from Bethesda would be great and Mass Effects is just out. But sadly these are the only really good RPG devs left. (I hate JRPGs) The rest has been bought by EA or has gone MMORPG.

Disgaea was released in the US for psp too i think.

BengaBenga said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
Well so far it's looking like 360. Wii has some big names but they're all spinoffs which usually don't get the same budget as the main titles. PS3 could catch 360 but I doubt it.

Wii doesn't really have that many spinoffs. ToS:KoR and Dragon Quest Swords. FFCC has become it's own franchise separate from FF. Overall the 360 definitely wins in WRPGs. Wii has more JRPGs, and the PS3 is somewhere in the middle on both. You could say the PS3 is the most well rounded of the 3. It also has arguably the biggest of the RPGS: FFXIII and its spinoffs.

The Wii is continuing major JRPG series from the Gamecube (Baten Kaitos, ToS, FFCC) and has some interesting new IPs like King's Story and Fragile. Right now it's list is basically living on "potential." It also of course has the major SRPG game Fire Emblem.

Naz, ToS:KoR is not a spin-off. It's the sequel to ToS.

I think if MH3, Fragile, ToS and FFCC sell well Wii will definitely be the home of most RPG's. These are from Capcom, Namco and Square, the main providers of RPG's. Futhermore Nintendo owns Monolith, Retro once started an RPG called Raven Blade and Camelot wants to make a Wii RPG as well.

Benefit is that RPG are more about story than graphics. ToS wasn't the most pretty game, but it was amazing, better then most Final Fantasy's.

No, Naz is right. KoR is a spinoff, I did a big write up on it a few months back. I can repost it if you want to see it. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"