By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console this generation will be home for 90% of the markets RPG's?

Yojimbo said:
360: 40%

PS3: 35%

Wii: 25%

if wii wins japan(which is very likely)it will have more then 25% more like 50%

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Playstation is the home of rpg's.

50% ps3

25% X360

25% wii

was home,we will see which one will be now

ClaudeLv250 said:
Ys DS, Ys II DS, Etrian Odyssey 2, Egg Monster Hero, Shiren the Wanderer DS, Deep Labyrinth, Dungeon Explorer: Warrior of the Ancient Arts, Tingle RPG, Magical Starsign (Magical Vacation 2), Mega Man Star Force 1 (Leo/Dragon/Pegasus) & 2, Orcs & Elves, Summon Night 1 & 2, Summon Night: Twin Age, Tales of the Tempest (how'd you leave this off?), Tao's Adventure, LostMagic, Spectrobes, Spectrobes 2 (already announced), SomaBringer, and Eternal Chronicle all belong on DS.

Ys will never be released outside of Japan.  I can't find any record of Summon Night 1 & 2 or Eternal Chronicle anywhere.  Everything else has been added to the new topic here:  http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11563&start=-0

naznatips said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Ys DS, Ys II DS, Etrian Odyssey 2, Egg Monster Hero, Shiren the Wanderer DS, Deep Labyrinth, Dungeon Explorer: Warrior of the Ancient Arts, Tingle RPG, Magical Starsign (Magical Vacation 2), Mega Man Star Force 1 (Leo/Dragon/Pegasus) & 2, Orcs & Elves, Summon Night 1 & 2, Summon Night: Twin Age, Tales of the Tempest (how'd you leave this off?), Tao's Adventure, LostMagic, Spectrobes, Spectrobes 2 (already announced), SomaBringer, and Eternal Chronicle all belong on DS.

Ys will never be released outside of Japan. I can't find any record of Summon Night 1 & 2 or Eternal Chronicle anywhere. Everything else has been added to the new topic here: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11563&start=-0

Summon Night 1 and 2 were a lot of fun a friend had them.  They were Game boy Advance games though, unless they are being combined to be ported to the DS.  Summon Night 1 was better then 2 in my opinion.   Then again I just LOVE the "Tournament" storylines.

What do you think the chances of FFV and FFVI being remade for the DS are?

我是广州人

Around the Network

DS wins. News at ten.

naznatips said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Ys will never be released outside of Japan.  I can't find any record of Summon Night 1 & 2 or Eternal Chronicle anywhere.  Everything else has been added to the new topic here:  http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11563&start=-0

Summon Night 1-2 were PS1 SRPG titles being ported to DS. We got the GBA swordcraft story spinoffs so these aren't entirely out of the question.

Eternal Chronicle was announced beside SomaBringer, both are published by Nintendo.

We got YS 1-4 + 6 and Europe got Ys Strategy, so I'm not sure how you figure we weren't getting some cheap Ys ports right off the bat.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

jhlennon1 said:

PS3 getting Eternal Sonata

Has Folklore, Final Fantasy XIII, Versus XIII, White Knight Story, Atlus game suspected to be Persona 4 but it is a JRPG whatever it is. You can also add Last Remnant for PS3/360.

Again, this thread is about what's coming in the generation, not what's currently available.

I'm going to let you kids in on a little secret. Square Enix has 3 unannounced games in development for the X360. Microsoft made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Unannounced speculation from a source that is your ass is about as credible as Halo 3 coming to the PS3.

They also have Bumpy Trot/Steam Boat Chronicles 2, Disgaea 3, and possibly Star Ocean 4.

I’d say the PS3, since there are already two Final Fantasy’s in development, and there will likely come a third (FF VII remake?), and there will likely come a lot of big-budget RPGs to the PS3.

If for some reason Kingdom Hearts III or a real Dragon Quest comes to the Wii, then the Wii could be the new RPG leader, but except for Fragile and FF. CC there isn’t much special in development.

naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
Everyone deserves 1 warning WoW.

List has been updated. His has been cleaned up. Multiplatform games are still games, and when people look to buy a system they look at the overall amount of games, not just exclusives.

So far: 360 has quantity of WRPGs, Wii has quantity of JRPGs, PS3 is in the middle of both.

This guy deserves the permaban, all of his accounts. Yesterday (as GBush) he used a lot of swear words and insulted other members in his few posts and on top of that had a NSFW picture in his signature.

Someone who has been banned before and doesn't behave any better when he comes back, has to be permabanned instantly. No need for further warnings.

I hope you can agree with that, naznatips.

Fine, if he's had multiple accounts, I'll ban. I wasn't aware that this was not his first. '

You already had your chance to clean up your act then Santa Clause and you blew it.

Is there anyway you could get rid of his signature? :|