By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console this generation will be home for 90% of the markets RPG's?

The system that has the main Final Fantasy games generally control the Japan RPG market. Which is why Atlus are developing their next RPG on the PS3, hoping that FFXIII provides the install base for JRPG's to sell.

Around the Network

Tales

Fire Emblem

Final Fantasy

Dragon Quest 

我是广州人

I agree with gamingdevil. But I say Wii 45%, xbox360 30% and PS3 25%

The reason I say so is because Xbox360 already has an advantage in it's RPG library. And future RPG titles for the PS3 are relatively easy to port to Xbox360 (yeah even FFXIII).

And I'm confident we will see a boom in RPG's for the Wii within the next 2 years and surpass the Xbox360's library.

Hmmm I think this gen is special... I think there won't be a pecular RPG console.

I place my bet on this. Every console will have their own certain share number of RPGs... There won't be a specific console that will get most of them.

Bladeneo said:
kirby007 said:
the xbox 360 has untill now the best : the elder scrolls 4 oblivion

Well its on the PS3 as well, so you cant really call it just the 360's.

The PS3 doesnt have many at the moment, Folklore being the only exclusive RPG I can think of. White Knight Story will be out next year though which looks very good, and FFXIII is a late 2008/early 2009 entry as well.

im sorry that's right elder scrolls 4 oblivion is also on ps3, so only wii hasn't it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
The system that has the main Final Fantasy games generally control the Japan RPG market. Which is why Atlus are developing their next RPG on the PS3, hoping that FFXIII provides the install base for JRPG's to sell.

Naaa it's the inverse. Main Final Fantasy were always launched on the most popular console in japanese market

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

It'll be too even to really have a clear-cut winner, IMO.

The Wii will get the cheap(er) budget Japanese RPGs.
The PS3 will get the high budget Japanese RPGs, and multi-plat Western RPGs.
The X360 will get the multi-plat JRPGs, and big(er) budget Western RPGs.

So it'll nearly be a tie. I'd say 40/30/30 between the Wii, and a tie for the X360/PS3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Just curious but does anyone know the current breakdown for all known and confirmed RPGs? It seems likely that the Wii is going to be the leader in this regard and it might be close already unless my mind is just playing tricks on me. In any case I don't think the final percentage is going to be 90%+.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Ashadelo said:

Tales

Fire Emblem

Final Fantasy

Dragon Quest

Is that all?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It ussually goes to the console with the highest sales and that would be the Wii.

And so far the 360 has

eternal sonata
thousand arms
oblvion
blue dragon
two worlds
mass effect (debateable but since bioware claims it is i'll put it here)

Thats it unless I am missing something. So I wouldn't say the 360 has a huge lead in this department.