By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console this generation will be home for 90% of the markets RPG's?

I'm going to let you kids in on a little secret.  Square Enix has 3 unannounced games in development for the X360.  Microsoft made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Around the Network

PS3 getting Eternal Sonata

Has Folklore, Final Fantasy XIII, Versus XIII, White Knight Story, Atlus game suspected to be Persona 4 but it is a JRPG whatever it is. You can also add Last Remnant for PS3/360.

Again, this thread is about what's coming in the generation, not what's currently available.

I'm going to let you kids in on a little secret.  Square Enix has 3 unannounced games in development for the X360.  Microsoft made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Unannounced speculation from a source that is your ass is about as credible as Halo 3 coming to the PS3.

gamingdevil said:
I think it won't be a 90%, more like a 50% Wii, 30% PS3 and 20% X360.

With Oblivion, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc. the 360 may have already filled that quota.

Oh well, no more RPGs from now on, they might as well cancel Fallout 3, Too Human, Fable 2.....

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
gamingdevil said:

With Oblivion, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc. the 360 may have already filled that quota.

Oh well, no more RPGs from now on, they might as well cancel Fallout 3, Too Human, Fable 2.....

1st off, i thought we were talking about exclusives, so if we do we get: Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, Too Human and Fallout 3...

2nd, i didn't say that there won't be any other RPG's out for the 360, i just think that most of the yet to be announced RPGs will be for the Wii or PS3. I don't think Blue Dragon, Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata have sold crazy numbers to ensure continued RPG support.

I think it's too early to say at this point. By this time next year we'll have a clearer idea between releases and announcements. I've never really thought of RPGs as a make or break thing for a console, personally, more like a nice bonus for one you already own.

I can tell you with 99% certainty which console will have most of the FPS, though.

Around the Network

I'm going to try and make a comprehensive RPG list for all systems.  Try and help me out with this guys if you can.  I know I'll be missing some.

Wii:

Fragile
King's Story
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 3
Monster Lab
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk
Monster Hunter 3
Sword of Legendia
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Baten Kaitos 3
Opoona
Super Paper Mario
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land

Playstation 3:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (plus expansions)
Enchanted Arms
Mist of Chaos
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
The Last Remnant
White Knight Story
Eternal Sonata
Folklore

Xbox 360:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (plus expansions)
The Last Remnant
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Two Worlds
Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Too Human
Fallout 3

Help me complete this list, but some things that you should not tell me to add are:  Games that have no chance of being released outside of Japan at all.  Games that are unnamed, rumored, or have no official platform confirmation (If you say Kingdom Hearts 3 Wii Soriku I swear I'll ban you).  Now have at it.

One mistake naznatips, Folklore is PS3 exclusive.

gamingdevil said:
sinha said:
gamingdevil said:

1st off, i thought we were talking about exclusives, so if we do we get: Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, Too Human and Fallout 3...

2nd, i didn't say that there won't be any other RPG's out for the 360, i just think that most of the yet to be announced RPGs will be for the Wii or PS3. I don't think Blue Dragon, Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata have sold crazy numbers to ensure continued RPG support.

1st off, who decided we were only talking about exclusives??

2nd, in two weeks Mass Effect has sold 336k in America and 513k total worldwide. That's may not be "crazy", but is that really not good enough to "ensure continued RPG support"? How many Wii and PS3 RPGs have done better than 513k worldwide in the first two weeks?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Has KH3 even been confirmed to be in development?

我是广州人

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Apocalypse: Desire Next
Blue Dragon
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far East of Eden Ziria
Final Fantasy XI
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Operation Darkness
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
The Last Remnant
The Precursors
Two Worlds
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

yeah some of these are multis and/or timed exclusives, but who cares, only on the 360 can you enjoy all these RPG's... but I do suggest skipping enchanted arms

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)