By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Other M Impressions from a non-nintendo fan

I liked your reviw, and it just made me want to have even more the game in my hands.

Youre not a N fan, but yes a Metroid fan and that's what i liked too.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

I am interested in Metroids story line but Corruption was hard and I quit playing it and I never played any other Metroid games but would I like Other M?

Metroid Other M is very enjoyable, i'm pretty sure you will like it. I would advise you to first purchase Super Metroid from the Virtual Console for cheap, and if you like 2D metroid, then you'll feel right at home with Other M.

Soma said:

Very good review, it gave me a better idea of how's the game. So basically do you think the game would had been better withouth the story?

About the exploration, I read somewhere else there was no exploration until the very end? Is that true? Cause you say at the middle of the game is where it starts to feel more a Metroid game.

I think the game fullfilled its purpose of telling a story, but it could have had better pacing, and a much better script. I actually had a discussion about the game being better with a story than without it, for example, the game has EMOTION, somethin that no other Metroid game had in the past, and that's what makes it unique. Without the story, the game wouldn't be as good. The story both adds and substracts from the game. It might sound confusing, but thats the way i feel.  There is plenty of exploration on your first playthrough, but you won't be able to get 100% until you finish the game, because of power bombs. I ended up "finishing" the game at 71%, and i explored most of what i could, then i realized i wasn't finished. The middle of the game feels more like a metroid game, because of the level design, and the sense of progress that comes through with weapon authorization, and there isn't as much story as in the first few hours, which helps the pacing to start building up towards a LONG finale.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I rarely write reviews so its encouraging,  but this game was gettin bad press and i felt that i had to write one to expose reviewers lies. So far this year, Nintendo has delivered. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and now Metroid Other M. I say Nintendo so far is 3/3, and this game is worth $50 bucks. BUY IT.

Ari_Gold said:
Soma said:

Very good review, it gave me a better idea of how's the game. So basically do you think the game would had been better withouth the story?

About the exploration, I read somewhere else there was no exploration until the very end? Is that true? Cause you say at the middle of the game is where it starts to feel more a Metroid game.

I think the game fullfilled its purpose of telling a story, but it could have had better pacing, and a much better script. I actually had a discussion about the game being better with a story than without it, for example, the game has EMOTION, somethin that no other Metroid game had in the past, and that's what makes it unique. Without the story, the game wouldn't be as good. The story both adds and substracts from the game. It might sound confusing, but thats the way i feel.  There is plenty of exploration on your first playthrough, but you won't be able to get 100% until you finish the game, because of power bombs. I ended up "finishing" the game at 71%, and i explored most of what i could, then i realized i wasn't finished. The middle of the game feels more like a metroid game, because of the level design, and the sense of progress that comes through with weapon authorization, and there isn't as much story as in the first few hours, which helps the pacing to start building up towards a LONG finale.

ok thanks, good to know about the exploration stuff. I agree that it's good this game has story and "emotion", but I'm worried they exaggerated with the "emotion" stuff. Now I'm reading things like "crying like a baby against Riddley" and things like that make me feel concerned. The game is already preordered though, I'm sure I'll enjoy it but maybe will change my perception of Samus forever.

Oh and yes, very good review, honestly it gave me a better idea about the game than many "professional" sited did.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

since i dont hold Prime in any sort of pedestal as the peak of gaming or much less, i had WAY too many annoyances(the doors were one of them-embarrasingly easy at the other:hypermode incldued) to consider it perfect or even near perfect, im very excited about it.Not to mention i considered Gaiden one of the best action games and had less annoyances to me.

Soma said:
Ari_Gold said:
Soma said:

ok thanks, good to know about the exploration stuff. I agree that it's good this game has story and "emotion", but I'm worried they exaggerated with the "emotion" stuff. Now I'm reading things like "crying like a baby against Riddley" and things like that make me feel concerned. The game is already preordered though, I'm sure I'll enjoy it but maybe will change my perception of Samus forever.

Oh and yes, very good review, honestly it gave me a better idea about the game than many "professional" sited did.

She breaks down completely against Ridley, for some reason goes Zero-Suit in his claws, and has to be saved from Ridley by Anthony.

Hopefully it's just the low-point of the story, because that's disgraceful whatever way you slice it. Certainly she might have some trepidation about Ridley given that he killed her whole colony, but you'd figure after killing Ridley 2-5 times (depending on counting Prime), you'd be just a little more confident. If anything, Ridley should be scared of Samus by then.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I am interested in Metroids story line but Corruption was hard and I quit playing it and I never played any other Metroid games but would I like Other M?

Depends on how you found Corruption hard exactly. This game is supposed to be harder in the "oops, you're dead" sense.

No when I said it was hard I was talking about figuring out where to go and what to do...I didn't get far but I beat the 1st 2 bosses and didn't die...Also I get confused easy with 1st person games and so that may help some...anyway with that said do you think Other M is for me?

I only like Metroid games when they have decent controls.