By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Other M Impressions from a non-nintendo fan

-PaNdOrA- said:

I just finished it today. I enjoyed it more than Corruption (which I still haven't finished yet O.o)

i thought corruption was miles ahead a better game. :)

Around the Network

Really like your review Ari_Gold. It's good to read a review with a different perspective and it makes me want to get Metroid Other M even more. You should be doing professional reviews for the site. 

I still think this game could work really good with nunchuk wiimote.

You could jump with A, shoot with B, and keep pressing Z on the nunchuk would enable the 1st person mode without clunky turns of the wiimote, I hate that on Super Paper Mario so I'm pretty sure I'll also hate that in Metroid: OM

On top of that, you would have the analog stick to move samus, and not a d-pad.

It could be a better game control wise, I'm yet to see if I'm sold on this one.

This game does intrigue me a bit, as it kinda reminds me of Shadow Complex, which I really enjoyed. However, the long drawn out cut-scenes, as well as the fact that you only use the Wiimote despite having to aim in 3D, ultimately ruin the hype of this game for me. I'd rather stick with MPT, which I still have barely dug into.

Ari

That review was more professional than a lot of the "professional" reviews out there.

The way you make the points and support them with evidence is the way (a) games should be reviewed and (b) points should be made in threads. 

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I am interested in Metroids story line but Corruption was hard and I quit playing it and I never played any other Metroid games but would I like Other M?

*Sound Of Rain said:

I am interested in Metroids story line but Corruption was hard and I quit playing it and I never played any other Metroid games but would I like Other M?

Depends on how you found Corruption hard exactly. This game is supposed to be harder in the "oops, you're dead" sense.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wow that was a bit of a lengthy read but honestly probably the best review I've read for the game, it doesn't go Metroid fanboy ZOMG I LOVE IT nor does it go Metroid fanboy (girl in the case of G4) ZOMG THEY CHANGED TOO MUCH.

You've got a lot of nice points, you brought up every category bringing up examples of what was done right and what was done wrong, it's a very good post.

Honestly your review is what I was expecting from the game, I probably wont have the issues with first person mode, but what I expected was something really different and new for the series, something that could possibly be built upon in the future.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Good review. Sounds like the consensus is the controls woudl have been better had they just used the nunchuck/wiimote and made a button the switcher to 1st persion view.

Very good review, it gave me a better idea of how's the game. So basically do you think the game would had been better withouth the story?

About the exploration, I read somewhere else there was no exploration until the very end? Is that true? Cause you say at the middle of the game is where it starts to feel more a Metroid game.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069