By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Other M Impressions from a non-nintendo fan

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like this one turned out a little disappointing, but I'm still glad that they're trying new things with the franchise.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Nice review. Do you confirm that the cutscenes are unskippable ? (I hate cutscenes, especially the emo ones)

Not the first time, from i hear - which does make sense. 

Given that their goal was to make the transition between the instances seamless, it makes a lot of sense for them to at least initially be unskippable, because it would be like cutting the scene ahead, possibly skipping something critical to understanding your gameplay scenario (like that Ridley video i watched. At the beginning its just her opening a valve to let lava into the room, and it ends with a fight with Ridley. That could definitely knock you for a loop)

that was my favorite boss battle, except for the EMO scenes.

thanks for the impressions. I think I'm gonna like this game. One comment to your comparison with Ninja Gaiden, where you are talking about sometimes having to kill all enemies in one room in order to be able to leave the room - the same is true for the Prime titles (all three I believe). I have yet to play any older metroid so I don't know about those. Is it like that more often in Other M, or what is the difference?

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Cobra_ said:

thanks for the impressions. I think I'm gonna like this game. One comment to your comparison with Ninja Gaiden, where you are talking about sometimes having to kill all enemies in one room in order to be able to leave the room - the same is true for the Prime titles (all three I believe). I have yet to play any older metroid so I don't know about those. Is it like that more often in Other M, or what is the difference?

Definitely. The Prime games locked the room if there were special enemies to fight (not necessarily sub-bosses, but something tough), and i know for a fact that Super did, and heavily suspect that Fusion did, but can't recall properly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I enjoyed reading your impressions. I can't wait to try it out.

Around the Network

I just finished it today. I enjoyed it more than Corruption (which I still haven't finished yet O.o)

-PaNdOrA- said:

I just finished it today. I enjoyed it more than Corruption (which I still haven't finished yet O.o)

I hope you bought it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

I hope you bought it.

I'm not the pirate, my friend is. My Wii would probably blow up if I tried to hack it :l

But yeah, I'm going to buy it. I had to rush to finish it, so I really didn't get to enjoy as much.

This satisfaction from a Wii Game coming from A_G... This game has to be good for the HD Gamers, atleast!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

man, i hope amazon delivers mine quick