By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Abbie Heppe (G4TV): Metroid: Other M is Sexist

lololol Abbie Heppe?  The same Abbie Heppe who called Bayonetta's character design "really cool and interesting"? That Abbie Heppe?

This cunt needs to take a women's lib class asap, because she wouldn't know sexism if it slapped her on the ass and told her to make it a sammich.

Around the Network
jarrod said:lololol Abbie Heppe?  The same Abbie Heppe who called Bayonetta's character design "really cool and interesting"? That Abbie Heppe?

This cunt needs to take a women's lib class asap, because she wouldn't know sexism if it slapped her on the ass and told her to make it a sammich.

Well, sexually exploiting Samus is a much different case than exploitation in Bayonetta, wouldn't you agree? The game is clearly over-the-top. Plus, her outrageous figure seems to be part of the design, not some excuse to be an enormous distraction within every camera angle. Samus was put into a zero-suit design for no other reason I could conjure than a cold business decision.

Not necessarily talking to you but it seems like most people don't accept her opinion first without saying crazy shit. Such brash reactions aren't necessary...she gives other reasons for criticizing the story and character development other than sexism. They aren't really petty at all.

So it's sexist because Samus has emotions now, or that she isn't some cold hearted bad ass but a human being?

The Metroid which was close to Samus in Super Metroid was suddenly killed in front of Samus right after it saved Samus, then she met with the only person that understands her but he treats her as a traitor.

So Abbie expects from all that for Samus to be all like "SCREW THE RULES I HAVE BOMBS!" and go all out and kill everything?

"To play or not to play, that is the question."- A wise man

Lifetime sales prediction

Wii 79/150 million

Xbox 360 47.7/73 Million

PS3 43.6/69 Million

Hynad said:

Well, many of you may understand her complaints once you've actually played the damn game. ¬_¬

I've played it. This chick is full of crap.

Hynad said:

Well, many of you may understand her complaints once you've actually played the damn game. ¬_¬

HAVE YOU?

Because I'm about 8 hours into it now, and she doesn't know what she's talking about. Period. 

Around the Network
Sempuukyaku said:
Hynad said:

HAVE YOU?

Because I'm about 8 hours into it now, and she doesn't know what she's talking about. Period. 

not 8 hours..2 or 3. Yea she full of it. plain and simple.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

I'm well into the game now, without a shadow of a doubt this review is complete bogus bullshit, it explains within the first two hours why Samsus couldn't and shouldn't use her powers, they explain why Adam means so much, and she's not some emo teen girl, she's honestly the young girl on the squad being tough and showing disapproval for being referenced as weak the EXACT OPPOSITE OF SEXISM.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Abbie Heppe is g4tv's pro-Wii gamer. I still remember the g4tv review of Nintendo's E3 where Webb was off the leash bashing Nintendo, while Abbie Heppe sat silent and when asked all she said was positives. It is a sad day if Abbie Heppe is lambasting the newest game in a classic Nintendo franchise.

Here is part of the reason why Abbie Heppe and others may find Other M sexist:

Samus has faced Ridley how many times now? Twice? So why did Sakamoto go and make her have a PTSD flashback?

I can find no logical reason for Sakamoto's interpretation from a US-based Western perspective. Over here, our women in uniform and on the job do not react like a 3 year-old little girl whose bedroom light has just turned off. They stand up, take charge, and, many times, have more balls than males in the same position.

No logical explanation other than Sakamoto possibly being a complete Diva, Kojima-wannabe misogynist and having a very fucked up view of how women should act in certain situations.

Then again, it may be cultural and Sakamoto may be the victim of traditional Japanese gender roles from his Baby Boom generation.

How do you explain the video, thus Sakamoto's view of women when they are in critical do-or-die situations?

wow do you actually believe this game deserves a 2/5? come on now, im not saying this game deserves a 10 or a 9, im just saying its an 8 to 8.9 and thats easy and thats not a bad game thats a great game, so G4 where talking about its sexist? thats Morgan Webb for ya, she didn't even like mario galaxy 2 hehe, "calling it kiddy" haha Stupid Whore, shes only on there because of her tits anyway, besides her face looks like stein from final fantasy 9

jarrod said:

lololol Abbie Heppe?  The same Abbie Heppe who called Bayonetta's character design "really cool and interesting"? That Abbie Heppe?

HUH??????? She thought Bayonetta was fine? Dear GOD, Bayonetta is nothing BUT misogyny bordering on Kamiya's personal fetish dreams. She's just as paper-thin as Heppe claims Samus is and even if Bayonetta is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek it's still horrendously exploitative because Kamiya honestly thinks that Bayonetta is "sexy" (spoiler alert, SHE'S NOT). I'm not going to say Heppe is a horrible person, but quite frankly this opinion of her's is one of the most bogus rants I've heard in awhile.