By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep For PSP Go Owners

No Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep For PSP Go Owners

Are you a big Kingdom Hearts fan? Did you trade in your normal PSP for a sleek and shiny PSP Go last year? Then you won't be playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep any time soon.

Amidst rumors that the latest entry in the Kingdom Hearts series, due for UMD release next month, would not see a digital release, blogger and Arizona Daily Star writer Phil Villarreal contacted Square Enix PR firm Ogilvy for a firm answer, and that answer is no, there are no plans to release Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on the PlayStation Network, which is the only way PSP Go owners would be able to play it.

We reached out to Square Enix to confirm the news, and were given the same answer. On the plus side, the Square Enix representative did say there were "currently no plans," so that could change sometime in the future.

This is sad news for PSP Go owners, or PSPGowners, as I've come to call them. Since the handheld was launched 11 months ago, nearly every title released has seen a near simultaneous release on PSN. Perhaps this admission means that companies are finally accepting the fact that the PSP Go is a failed experiment.

http://kotaku.com/5623899/therell-be-no-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-for-psp-go-owners

--------------------------

I'm so glad about this. Keep download only devices away!

I mean it's very sad for PSP Go owners but it shows how the near future will be shaped.

Around the Network

bastards

Ouch, a huge blow to the few people that bought the PSP Go.

Anyone know how many PSP Gos have been sold? I bet its under a million. It makes 32X look like a good idea.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Take that Leo-J! I know you can easily buy UMD, but I was right!

WOw that's a real big disappointment for Go owners... That's sucks so much.

Around the Network

Well it has to be pointed out that this actually sucks for also non-PSP Go owners as they will have to get the game on an unyieldly UMD instead of through PSN.

That said I am sure Square Enix will release it on PSN at some point, just with a small delay.

I remember reading a while back that Disney wont allow a PSN release for BBS

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Boutros said:

I'm so glad about this. Keep download only devices away!

I mean it's very sad for PSP Go owners but it shows how the near future will be shaped.

I agree with this sentiment that download only is bad (heck, my Wii and PS3 haven't been hooked up to the internet since January some time cause my router burned out), but it still sucks as retail/digital combined gives flexibility for almost no additional costs (extra costs of maintaining servers can be recouped by taking the normal retail cut).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

So glad that I am a fan of physical media.

Something like that is one reason why I'd never buy download only devices. That's just ridiculous.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/