By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep For PSP Go Owners

Alby_da_Wolf said:

If  DD were large enough, SE and Disney wouldn't have snubbed it, what happened, together with PSP Go sales, tell us that even given both choices, most people still prefer physical media to DD (and particularly for "important" or full priced games), and people willing to totally abandon physical media for DD only are a negligible minority.

and people who will download it by pirating are the majority, so releasing it as a physical game only is a stupid idea.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Most people prefer pirating than physical or digital media from psn..

mM
Severance said:
Boutros said:

What if the PSP Go would have been a huge success? Do you really think that wouldn't have affected retail distribution in the future? It's fair to believe that the PSP2 would have had high chances of being digital only as well and that would have been a problem for people like me who are not into digital stuff.

So we are basically glad that the PSP Go failed, not that PSP Go owners are punished.

Get in with the times..... (says the person who never listened to anything past the 80's)

you mean the times were you don't own the content you buy and can't resell it, lend it to a friend, or even use it 10 years later when you buy a replacement console? (I'll still be able to play my physical games while you get upset with Sony when they stop supporting the PSP)

The only benefits of download only systems is that you can get it immediatly and you don't have to carry a disc around, but there are tons of drawbacks for the consumer.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Severance said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

If  DD were large enough, SE and Disney wouldn't have snubbed it, what happened, together with PSP Go sales, tell us that even given both choices, most people still prefer physical media to DD (and particularly for "important" or full priced games), and people willing to totally abandon physical media for DD only are a negligible minority.

and people who will download it by pirating are the majority, so releasing it as a physical game only is a stupid idea.

yes it is, SE my psp go hates you

nordlead said:
Severance said:
Boutros said:

What if the PSP Go would have been a huge success? Do you really think that wouldn't have affected retail distribution in the future? It's fair to believe that the PSP2 would have had high chances of being digital only as well and that would have been a problem for people like me who are not into digital stuff.

So we are basically glad that the PSP Go failed, not that PSP Go owners are punished.

Get in with the times..... (says the person who never listened to anything past the 80's)

you mean the times were you don't own the content you buy and can't resell it, lend it to a friend, or even use it 10 years later when you buy a replacement console? (I'll still be able to play my physical games while you get upset with Sony when they stop supporting the PSP)

The only benefits of download only systems is that you can get it immediatly and you don't have to carry a disc around, but there are tons of drawbacks for the consumer.

Nothing's stopping you from backing up the game on your computer or an external HDD. It's not like you have to be online to play the games. Once you copy the game back onto a PSP with the proper email address saved on it, you're fine.

Around the Network
Severance said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

???

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

From what I've read through other sources, Disney was behind the decision to not release the game on PSN.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't fought to get it on the Network, though. You'd think they'd want a very robust line up of PSP titles on the store in preparation for the launch of a DD-only PSP2.   A strong offering of content from the getgo through the PSN is a must for such a device to succeed, plus the ability to buy titles on the Network now will help alleviate BC concerns for many expecting to move to PSP2 at some point in the future.

Given that this is essentially the PSP's biggest release in the past two years aside from Peace Walker, you'd think getting it on the Network would be a top priority for them.

leo-j said:

this is retarded.. there is absolutely no reason why they can't release KH BBS on psn...

In japan they didn't release it because disney in japan does not approve of releasing disney games on psn.. in the U.S and EUROPE it's perfectly fine

on psn disney get less, since its a  sony->square->disney thing. on retail is just square ->disney.

Hey! Perfect strategy! To finish off the PSPgo that is! they only thing they did worse than making the PSP a hardcore-focused portable was making its brother an even more hardcore portable (resulting in an expensive machine for a very small niche), with less games available and more expensive too!

Isanel said:
leo-j said:

this is retarded.. there is absolutely no reason why they can't release KH BBS on psn...

In japan they didn't release it because disney in japan does not approve of releasing disney games on psn.. in the U.S and EUROPE it's perfectly fine

on psn disney get less, since its a  sony->square->disney thing. on retail is just square ->disney.

Sony gets a cut of any game sold for their platform, regardless of whether it's sold via retail or PSN.