By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

Nice score 45 36.89%

Disappointing Score 26 21.31%

Samus is hotttt 51 41.80%

Total:122

I think it's a great score. By the way i'm getting it regardless of scores. :)

Around the Network

Fair score for a 10 hour game with cutscenes. I might buy it if it drops to $20, but seeing as it as a nintendo game, probably not.

Nice score, but I think from what I've seen of this game it probably should be in the low 9's. Still if it meta's out to high 8's that will be fair and reasonable.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Reviews this days seem to be the confrontation of what a game is versus what the reviewer expected from the game.

Nothing I read so far dissappoints me in the slightest. I want a brand new approach to the Metroid series and I want Nintendo doing something new for the hardcore gamers out there. Welcome!

Another 8.5??? I expected more than a 9.0...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
pacman91 said:

Fair score for a 10 hour game with cutscenes. I might buy it if it drops to $20, but seeing as it as a nintendo game, probably not.

It's length is 10 - 15 for a one playthrough, with like a 50% completion rate. After finisching the game, you can go back...an rank it up to a 100.

The true length could easily be like 30 hours.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I guess a lot of this boils down to the pickiness of people in general and critics in particular regarding storytelling, such that bad writing is worse than no writing at all, bad voices worse than not having it, etc.

Fortunately, my second-favorite game of all time (Sonic Adventure 2) is rife with cheesy cut-scenes, which reviewers long blasted it for, but helps make it so endearing to me, so i think i might be in for an especial treat.

My only objection so far is the weapon progression method. I thought surely such foolishness would be limited to early in the game.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This has slightly temperd my enthusiasm but it is only one review.  I was kinda hoping for unadulterated awesomeness and that seems unlikely given the initial few reviews.  I absolutely adore the Prime games and I know I won't be able to help comparing this to them.

I do think the nun-chuk/wii mote combo could have been better option.

Gametrailers gave it an 8.6

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
pacman91 said:

It's length is 10 - 15 for a one playthrough, with like a 50% completion rate. After finisching the game, you can go back...an rank it up to a 100.

The true length could easily be like 30 hours.

Hmm, good to know. Guess I took Craig Harris' word for it. I might still have to wait till a $30 price b/c DK is waking from an 11 year coma, and HVS might need a little boost to make sure the Grinder comes out next year.