By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

Nice score 45 36.89%

Disappointing Score 26 21.31%

Samus is hotttt 51 41.80%

Total:122

To me Metriod has Samus alone isolated on alien turf killing things and exploring. Not interacting with others in a soap opera or a bad sci-fi channel movie.

Around the Network
mhsillen said:

To me Metriod has Samus alone isolated on alien turf killing things and exploring. Not interacting with others in a soap opera or a bad sci-fi channel movie.

Stop over-exaggerating, this is no soap opera.

To me this will add depth to her character and will be a very interesting game to play.

If I want the game you want, I can go back and play the several metroid games released before it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

As long as I'm able to skip the cutscenes after my first playthrough, I'm good.

I wish they didnt do V/O's and big cutscenes. I only like that in JRPG's most of the time. However, Ive had it on preorder forever and still plan to get it. Im sure I will enjoy it just like any other Metroid game.

darthdevidem01 said:
mhsillen said:

To me this will add depth to her character and will be a very interesting game to play.

If I want the game you want, I can go back and play the several metroid games released before it.

No over-exaggeration, if you sat down to watch this as a movie you would think it was worse than the giant bull movie on sci-fi channel  LOL 

How does  "depth of character" really add anything to what made metriod fun.  Killing monsters, upgrading weapons and exploring. 

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mhsillen said:

No over-exaggeration, if you sat down to watch this as a movie you would think it was worse than the giant bull movie on sci-fi channel  LOL 

How does  "depth of character" really add anything to what made metriod fun.  Killing monsters, upgrading weapons and exploring. 

I might add with super  metroid the feeling of isolation far away from any human with excellent mood music

Snesboy said:

Presentation and Graphics are the same thing.

Besides Darth, you know better than to post IGN stuff on the Nintendo boards. It's a taboo here

wow, shows how much you know ..

Wait, so is this just IGN UK and not IGN US?

EDIT: Nvm. Verified.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

That Xplay review was really good.

From what I'v seen of the story, I feel sorry for girls who used to look up to Samus.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Saying the dialog was worse than the giant bull movie on sci-fi channel might be hyperbole

But when you play the game you become the character and if good you become immersed. When you have numerous and long cutscenes it yanks you out of your immersion and pushes you back into what the genius rock star designer wants you to feel.  It ruins it for me anyways