By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

IGN Metroid Other M : REVIEW!!

Nice score 45 36.89%

Disappointing Score 26 21.31%

Samus is hotttt 51 41.80%

Total:122

I'm a guy and I don't like the idea of a game where the main role is given to a female protagonist! It deserves a lower score!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:
Snesboy said:
mhsillen said:

From the movies I've seen It has: Bad dialog and acting and a story elements that have been used 100 times.  Should of put all the energy and resources into actual game play.  Very short cut scenes like when she sees the guy she knows and hates.  Facial expressions would be enough to convey hate and my imagination would do the rest.  But no we can't stifle the important creative voice of Yoshio Sakamoto.

I want her to look good and kill things not be a lifetime movie of the week

I know I am in the minority

Skip button?

think I read somewhere that you can't skip the cutscenes. Well, not on the first playthrough, at least. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong, however.

You can't but WHY do you wanna skip them?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Ninpanda said:
Snesboy said:
mhsillen said:

From the movies I've seen It has: Bad dialog and acting and a story elements that have been used 100 times.  Should of put all the energy and resources into actual game play.  Very short cut scenes like when she sees the guy she knows and hates.  Facial expressions would be enough to convey hate and my imagination would do the rest.  But no we can't stifle the important creative voice of Yoshio Sakamoto.

I want her to look good and kill things not be a lifetime movie of the week

I know I am in the minority

Skip button?

think I read somewhere that you can't skip the cutscenes. Well, not on the first playthrough, at least. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong, however.

You can't but WHY do you wanna skip them?

So I can Play the fuking game and not have to hear bad dialog.

It makes the game uneven with fits and starts

Why do people who make these games think they are writers of great dialog and makers of great movies?

Just program and let us use our imagination

(sigh) I SO wanted to beat IGN to the punch reviewing this game... 

great score? that is not a great score, it's really low for metroid, shame on you ign. I hate you and ***2 hours of cursing**** and you're biased

***gets a knife****

Around the Network

Sorry. Wrong place.

O-D-C said:

(sigh) I SO wanted to beat IGN to the punch reviewing this game... 

why?

@mhsillen

The story is a crucial part of this metroid though and will aid in you feeling the game in the most complete way possible.

morenoingrato said:

great score? that is not a great score, it's really low for metroid, shame on you ign. I hate you and ***2 hours of cursing**** and you're biased

***gets a knife****

Well if you think THIS is low

DO NOT see gameinformer's and 1up's score...

ethomaz said:

HARDWARE (WoW)

Console Weekly (change) Total
DS 44,967 (-23%) 31,043,988
PS3 28,499 (-11%) 5,528,978
PSP 27,841 (-23%) 15,037,865
Wii 17,625 (-31%) 10,620,334
X360 3,708 (-23%) 1,377,611
PS2 1,513 (-21%) 23,084,520
Total 124,153(-22%)  

SOFTWARE (WoW)

Console Weekly (change) Total (tie ratio)
PS3 317,728 ( 168%) 22,915,036 (4.14)
DS 226,166 (-26%) 154,786,380 (4.99)
Wii 169,102 (-35%) 48,089,937 (4.53)
PSP 132,643 (-32%) 40,048,566 (2.66)
X360 20,145 (-20%) 7,570,881 (5.50)
PS2 14,464 (-28%) n/a
Total 880,248(-5%)  

eh?

He pointed out some stilted, hackneyed writing in the plot at times--which is the kind of crap I worried about being helmed by Team Ninja.  I'm still getting it, and the score isn't bad.  But I'm sick of lame-ass "anime-style" writing and dialog in video games these days.  Metroid is clearly better off in the hands of an American studio like Retro since the original developer is long dead.