By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbox dead in japan? yes or no? reasoning plz

it is hopeless here... only fanboys

mods you can close it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Cmon bud you asked the bleeding obvious, what did you expect? Its like asking if we think the sun will come up tomorrow, no need to chuck a sad and call people fanyboys.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

lol I agree with misteromar...You didnt do your research. The 360 has never been popular. Has nothing to do with fanboyism. Show me a week where the 360 did very well? Sorry to burst your bubble, kirby. If you are looking for any kind of 360 success, you should stay out of Japan.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

"it is hopeless here... only fanboys "

fanboys? I think we are stating the obvious. 360 is selling ~5k per week. Its almost non-existant in Japan. And its too late to do something about it.

im sorry for being a bit optimistic :) but imo since short the xbox360 is doing quite well there considering the situation

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Yes/No ...

The XBox 360 has almost no chance of becomming a system that will ever have reasonable sales in Japan; this is (in a large part) because Microsoft really doesn't understand the Japaneese market and has failed to deliver and market a product that people in Japan want.

At the same time, the XBox 360 has outsold the original XBox and has been building a respectable userbase at a rate of about 5,000 users per week; at this rate they're likely to pass 1 Million units sold by the time they launch their next system (possibly 2 Million if they can get ports of some MAJOR Japaneese games) which is a very good userbase for a system which is ignored in the region.

= the 360 in Japan.

But seriously, it's doing better then the original xbox. So all is not lost.

Dallinor said:

But seriously, it's doing better then the original xbox. So all is not lost.

Maybe it will outsell 3DO this time

"Gball tracker - Gballzack, Lamia98, Sporticus, Gelmer, Girl Gamer Elite, Onimusha12, Nintendownsmii... and counting"

- That's a good list. I didn't notice Lamia98, or Sporticus. Also I'm not sure about Nintendownsmii...but hey, keep the spirit if paranoia alive! :D

Dallinor said:

- That's a good list. I didn't notice Lamia98, or Sporticus. Also I'm not sure about Nintendownsmii...but hey, keep the spirit if paranoia alive! :D

Someone has to... Sporticus was one of my favourites. He has had same avatar as mine  for a while