By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ds 68.1% psp 31.9%

leo-j said:
People are rejecting the psp because of its price and lack of games, sony really needs to do something about this.
surely when looking for any games system - either handheld or otherwise these are the only 2 considerations there is!! I personally cannot name a third reason that people would consider

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network
gawalls said:
leo-j said:
People are rejecting the psp because of its price and lack of games, sony really needs to do something about this.
surely when looking for any games system - either handheld or otherwise these are the only 2 considerations there is!! I personally cannot name a third reason that people would consider

at handhedls people also look at the form of it

RolStoppable said:
endurance said:
gawalls said:
leo-j said:

at handhedls people also look at the form of it

Battery life.

sony fucked up at that point :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
PSP is losing to the DS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow, I hadn't known that until I read this thread!

Do you mind posting threads about things we don't know?

But if someone posts about things we don't know, you are going to attack the thread starter as well...

stop, that is only if ps3 comes forward in a negative way or wii or xbox 360 positive

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ever since that stupid Gizmodo article about 8 reasons the PSP could overtake the DS. Some people have it in their head that the PSP is actually outselling the DS and grabbing market share. No matter how many times you point out how wrong they are and just how badly the Gizmodo article was written (hence Kotaku wrote the follow up "8 reasons the PSP will never ever overtake the DS"). People still believe what they believe...

Ugh... Oh well... as long as software companies look at facts and not at some stupid article on Gizmodo.

I had the PSP pegged to beat the snot out of the DS when the DS first launched... wow how wrong I was ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Whats worse for the psp than getting flogged by the ds is that its attach rate is pathetic and thats where the money is.

The DS will live FOREVER, Reggie said so.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

In the handheld market Sony is doing fantastically. They have come into a Nintendominated sector of the industry and seen respectable sales first go.

Of course in the home console market its the opposite, overwhelming first to overwhelming last............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

relativity huh?

starcraft said:
In the handheld market Sony is doing fantastically. They have come into a Nintendominated sector of the industry and seen respectable sales first go.

Of course in the home console market its the opposite, overwhelming first to overwhelming last............
 Dont agree - the PSP was released when Playstation brand was massive and this alone carried more weight than Nintendo's handheld experience, it was  just a case of same old vs innovation.  Now the PS3 has some innovative ideas on how to use the PSP then this will guarnatee why the psp still sells but doesn't help the attach rate.   

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

PS4 said:
PSP is doing great in terms of hardware, software sales are pretty abysmal though!

Well software did improved lately , and hardware is doing excelent ... lets dont forget the DS is the best selling console of all :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!