By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will PS3 be able to match Xbox 360's first year?

ok then, they have lost :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The XBox 360 also had to face the hype of the PS3 for its first year which meant that a lot of people were holding off to see what the PS3 could do ...

i think they will be equal

again, the hype of the PS3 last year :

"""
hype around the PS3 was strong until E32006 when the high price was announced and REAL in game footage of Motorstorm showed, and KZ2 hidden. the same year (06), games were delayed, exclusivty were lost, and european launch was delayed.
At this time, last year, the PS3 hype was really low.
At the same time, the first killed AP of this gen, Gears of war, was released on exclusivity on Xbox360 ...
"""

+ bad marketing ("this is living", omg ...)
+ press bashing (European launch flopped (even if 1M hardware sold in 1 week))

Time to Work !

E3 came in late already. May I think. And as I remember, MS started to get really bad mouthed by Sony supporters including the press. So same amount of bad publicity for MS.

Around the Network

The PS3 was hype for the Xbox360. The PS3 was nowhere to be found, and the Xbox was cheaper and in every store.

How can the PS3 hype help X360 when people are waiting for it to release before buying a console?

Wow, so many 360 lovers in this thread... Why is it eugene that whenever you start a thread it is always negative towards the PS3, its rather sad you know...

Funny thing is that the 360 has barely beat its first year this year as well and outside of the US it really is a failure. The US market is fixated on the FPS and that is truly the only reason the 360 has sold here as well. All I hear is how many great games the 360 has but really I only own a few games for it due to the fact I got bored of FPS back with halo 2 and doom 3 ETC... It really is dissapointing that so many FPS's sell as well as they do then truly great games like Bioshock/Dead Rising/and soon to be Mass Effect struggle to make it to 1 mil (Which still currently none that I listed eclipsed the 1 mil mark in US). These are all exclusives that really should have sold extremely well IMO. I know this is only my opinion on what games are good and what games are just from the same old tired genre but I am allowed to voice my opinion :). With over 9 million units sold in the US these numbers should be much higher. By the way if you havent played Mass Effect buy it so far it is the 2nd best game on the 360 IMO.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

Anyone else notice that the Xbox and PS3 both are stuck on 8 million consoles a year? I think the PS3 could break through next year and pass the 360's current 8 million consoles a year or they could get stuck in the same rut. I don't foresee the 360 surpassing selling 8 million again next year. The second year of a consoles life tells a pretty big part of the consoles future. Still 8 million is a good amount of consoles and Microsoft should be proud. It means they can become profitable and go on to sell about 40 million systems this gen which is nothing to laugh at. It's a rather respectable number. If the PS3 goes on to sell 40 million as well and the Wii hits 100 million it'll be a big improvement over last gen.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.