By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you grew up in the 90s....

rocketpig said:
trunkswd said:
rocketpig said:
trunkswd said:

Ah yes the 90s a time when kid cartoons were really inapropriate, but we were to young to realize that. Just go watch Rockos Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy and see the madness they are. It was also a decade where for me music got worse and worse every year and it hasn't really improved.

Ren & Stimpy wasn't a kid's cartoon.

And cartoons before it were far more unsuitable for children... just pick up a Looney Toons DVD that contains all the episodes they're no longer allowed to show on television because of racism, sexism, or any other -ism you can think of...

It wasn't? I could have sworn it was on Nickelodeon, but you are probably right. I'm not familiar with older cartoons, other than what is on the boomerang channel ie. Flintstones and Jetsons.

It aired on Nickelodeon originally but was under the control of MTV Networks, which was why it showed on MTV afterwards (including some of the episodes that were banned from Nick). I think they just didn't know where to put the show, as it was before Beavis & Butthead and South Park, where adult animation started taking hold on cable.

That reminds me of Invader Zim... such a great show... never got a finale :'(

Around the Network

Holy catdog I can't believe I remember that commercial.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

That was so random, all the moreso because i remember it.

I wonder what else i've forgotten to remember?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lostplanet 22 made me feel old and im only 19 lmao

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

trunkswd said:

Ah yes the 90s a time when kid cartoons were really inapropriate, but we were to young to realize that. Just go watch Rockos Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy and see the madness they are. It was also a decade where for me music got worse and worse every year and it hasn't really improved.

I for sure did not saw an Donald Duck saying  'HEIL HITLER' in the 90's;.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpgSYbrw09g&feature=related

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Blashphemy!!!! You obviously werent around for the early to mid 90's music scene then or listened to anything that came out of it (1990-1997) I mean first of all it blew away everything from the previous decade (the 80's was terrible) and second of all how can you say that when the 90's produced artists like Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Radio Head, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden,Tupac,  Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails (when they got big) Red Hot Chili Peppers (when they hit their musical peak imo), Tool, Silverchair, Bush X, Korn, Wu Tang Clan, Notorious B.I.G, Blind Melon, Oasis, Live, ect. I mean sure music has gone to shit over the last 10 years but dont drag the 90's into it :P

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

if you grew up in the 90's, In america. Should be the title tbh.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
trunkswd said:

Blashphemy!!!! You obviously werent around for the early to mid 90's music scene then or listened to anything that came out of it (1990-1997) I mean first of all it blew away everything from the previous decade (the 80's was terrible) and second of all how can you say that when the 90's produced artists like Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Radio Head, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden,Tupac,  Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails (when they got big) Red Hot Chili Peppers (when they hit their musical peak imo), Tool, Silverchair, Bush X, Korn, Wu Tang Clan, Notorious B.I.G, Blind Melon, Oasis, Live, ect. I mean sure music has gone to shit over the last 10 years but dont drag the 90's into it :P

The 80s produced Stryper, so the 80s win.

Does anybody remember,toonami on Cartoon network or cat and dog?

Joel12345 said:

Does anybody remember,toonami on Cartoon network or cat and dog?

ED, EDD N EDDY!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey